Got a new helmet...but...

Fargo360
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

Got a new helmet...but...

#1 Unread post by Fargo360 »

Hey all, I got a new scorpion exo1000 helmet the other day. I totally love it, except for one thing, the cheekpads are a little too big. I have a XXL noggin that fits really nice in the helmet, but the cheekpads are too tight to put my glasses on. That's the only problem. The lady at the moto shop I bought the helmet at said I could try putting XL pads in the XXL place. Does anyone know where I can find XL cheekpads?
1976 Honda CBR360R/T
1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

Fargo, ND supports global warming

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

Re: Got a new helmet...but...

#2 Unread post by BuzZz »

The shop should have various sized cheekpads. They should have let you try different pads and exchanged them at time of purchase for you......
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

Gunslinger
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2006/Suzuki/SV650

#3 Unread post by Gunslinger »

Doesn't the EXO-1000 have adjustable cheek pads? Works with an air pump similar to those Nike shoes.

Fargo360
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

#4 Unread post by Fargo360 »

Yeah...it does have pump up pads...and they are really nice. I would just like a little smaller pad to start with so I can get my glasses on without worrying about bending them.

Just a note on the helmet...the exo1000 is AWESOME!!! I really like the sunshade that you can flip down on the inside of the helmet. It is far enough away from your face that you can still have glasses on. It also has about a thousand ports for airflow. My head has never been cooler. Also, all the inside parts come out easily and are machine washable.
1976 Honda CBR360R/T
1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

Fargo, ND supports global warming

Mokushi
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: Yamaha YBR125

#5 Unread post by Mokushi »

Fargo360 wrote:I really like the sunshade that you can flip down on the inside of the helmet.
I know what you mean about that. I've got one on mine. It saved me blindness many a time on a spring midday...
"The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves I mean other people. And by laugh I mean invade." - Jimmy Carr