Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Which bike do you want reviewed

#11 Unread post by Wrider »

I'd say he's full of crap. The only problem with them is the cam chain tensioner, which was covered by warranty. I've seen and personally ridden one with over 50K miles on it. Still ran like it should, only time the engine was ever opened up was to adjust valves. I've seen and heard of some with over 80K miles on them.
I do like your stable though, that's a nice list!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

johnb757
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Magna 750

#12 Unread post by johnb757 »

the Yamaha FZ8...very interested in that one :)

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#13 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

HYPERR wrote:I know most of the sportbikes are brilliant on the track. I would be more interested in how a bike like the R1200GS or the Katoom Super Duke does on the track.
I'm really curious how another, uh, "tall-rounder", the 1200 Ducati Multistrada does on a track. And a comparo between it and the GS would be even better.

PS, hasn't anyone out there wondered how Urals do on a track? Ok, me neither. :roll:
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#14 Unread post by sapaul »

Whoo hoo the list grows,

2010 RT, will let you know how it goes on the track
Buell, sorry part of the Harley group, they will not be there.
T-Max, no scooters allowed on the track

I am hoping the multistrada and a 1200 Tenere will be there to do a compare on the GS

Yammy Fazers, cool bikes. should be Fazers there, will come back with what I manage to get on.

It will be interesting to see what Triumph bring along, each manufacturer is allowed 4 bikes plus 1 more for my Marshals, so Triumph might go the retro route and the big rockets, or they may go street with the triples 1050's and Tigers. Triples here sell, awesome machines but nasty.

Also hoping for the KTM race bikes to be there.

There will of course be a full write up on whether the Ural actually made it to the track on time, they won't even trailer them here out of embarrassment. :group:
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#15 Unread post by MZ33 »

I'd like your opinion of the new Vmax, the Triumph Tiger, the Versys (of course), and the ER-6n. I'm kinda curious about the differences between the last two. They probably won't be there for the track, since they aren't designed for flat-out speed, but it'd be nice to know how they compare.
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

sapaul wrote:KTM, will be there, so Superduke is on the list, thanks Hyperr, first customer is always the hardest. 8)
Hopefully by the end of July I'll have my own report. :kicking: I'm thinking that the long straight at Race City Speedway will not be kind to me behind the mini fairing 8)

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#17 Unread post by sapaul »

MZ33 wrote:I'd like your opinion of the new Vmax, the Triumph Tiger, the Versys (of course), and the ER-6n. I'm kinda curious about the differences between the last two. They probably won't be there for the track, since they aren't designed for flat-out speed, but it'd be nice to know how they compare.
No problem, know both of those bikes well and will see what the latest versions are like. The ER6 N is one of my favourite bikes as it is a really good all rounder and I have yet to meet anyone, including myself that has had that bike right at the limit. The new 1050 Tigers are really good looking and have gone totally road biased, look brilliant in the orange and white. They look like hooligan machines but are in fact very well balanced and smooth, slick boxes and very good throttle response. I also really enjoy the 1050 ST and would have one if money allowed, one of the bikes I love to use when I have to pillion on the track. The stability double up is fantastic.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#18 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
sapaul wrote:KTM, will be there, so Superduke is on the list, thanks Hyperr, first customer is always the hardest. 8)
Hopefully by the end of July I'll have my own report. :kicking:
Nice! :kicking:

I've always liked the SuperDuke. A dealer nearby is advertising a brand new leftover 2008 for a tempting price. :ninja:

IYO, does the SD split the difference between a SM bike and a Sportbike or does it lean more toward one side?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#19 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Hopefully by the end of July I'll have my own report. :kicking:
Nice! :kicking:

I've always liked the SuperDuke. A dealer nearby is advertising a brand new leftover 2008 for a tempting price. :ninja:

IYO, does the SD split the difference between a SM bike and a Sportbike or does it lean more toward one side?
It's no SM as I think of a SM. It's a sportbike, but with a comfortable riding position. It would be everything that the VTR I had was + all of the things it was missing (comfort, fuel range, quality suspension). There is one thing missing however: It doesn't have the same soul. A V-twin that idles at 1800 rpm is missing a little bit of the charm. It's set in the ECU by design and just feels odd. Beyond that, and the fact that a naked bike has no right to be so miserable to work on, it's great fun.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#20 Unread post by sapaul »

Buggers, at the meeting last night KTM are not letting on what will be there other than a full race spec RC8

whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa