JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

Re: They've become squids...

#21 Unread post by JC Viper »

Sadly with these guys I'm afraid that one of them will have a spill and take out the whole group, which by the way almost happened on a curve a couple of times. Either that or they get clipped by a car while doing something stupid and causes a nasty chain reaction. It would've been fine if the idiot other friend of his would stop feeding him poor riding techniques as if it were a sought after skill.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#22 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I think you bailed out just in time. I think it's better to ride alone and reasonably relaxed than with a group that constantly annoys - or even worse, endangers - you. I can totally relate; been trying to look for a small group of people to ride with for ages. I'm no safety party. I just want to ride reasonably briskly when there are twisties, but take it easy on the straights. Pretty much every group I've happened to ride with does it the other way around.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Dragon on Wheels
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by Dragon on Wheels »

As much as you don't want to see something bad happen to them, it's probably better for you not to ride with them if they are riding like squids. You want to try to steer them away from that(which you have), but when they don't listen(after several attempts) it's better not to be part of any trouble that may happen. I don't know them(obviously), but based on what I've read, most of them don't seem like a group who would help you if something happened to you if you tried to keep up with their squidly ways.(maybe I'm wrong though)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#24 Unread post by sapaul »

I have read through these posts and the light bulb came on. JC, mate, please you cannot be responsible for these guys, stupid is as stupid does and in our world they have to come to the realizations themselves. If they do not want your valuable advice, walk away they are not going to take it anyway.

As for a loss of friends, man no loss there, anyone who would drag you into a dangerous situation and then mock you for being responsible is just a mug with something to prove. You have shown us what a stand up guy you are and we applaud you for that.

I for one would ride with you any day 8) .
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#25 Unread post by blues2cruise »

storysunfolding wrote:Reasonably, skilled and responsibly?
:laughing:
good save!

blues2cruise
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#27 Unread post by Kal »

storysunfolding wrote:Reasonably, skilled and responsibly?
Good save. <applauds>

The See You Next Tuesdays take the mick out of my riding at every opportunity they get, most of them are quicker than me but they are friends and your friends don't abandon/drop you. If my bike goes down for any reason I know I can count on them.

These guys, they don't sound like friends chief, so you are better off without them.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman