Stolen :(

Psycluded
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Stolen :(

#1 Unread post by Psycluded »

My baby was stolen this weekend.

Steering column was locked, alarm system was active, she was covered and the cover was locked down with a cable lock.

There had been a U-Haul parked outside for 3-4 days. We'd noticed it, but hadn't thought anything of it. People move in and out all the time. There was a Kawasaki Ninja just up the parking lot, too. It's gone as well, along with the U-Haul. Our bikes had been staked out.

Words cannot express the level of sadness and frustration I'm feeling right now. Yeah, I know, there's a "bright side" in that I will be able to get a new bike, but %^&*$, I liked my OLD ONE... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bike thieves are the worst sort of scum. I feel like my girlfriend has been kidnapped.
-Psycluded-
2005 Honda CBR600F4i - STOLEN
2005 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#2 Unread post by Mintbread »

I can think of nothing worse than that empty feeling when something you love gets stolen.

The west needs to embrace the concept of removing a theif's hand as a deterent to stealing again.

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#3 Unread post by Gadjet »

Mintbread wrote: The west needs to embrace the concept of removing a theif's hand as a deterent to stealing again.
I agree.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by cb360 »

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Who BUYS all the stolen bikes? I don't think I'd ever buy a bike without some kind of title - particularly not a newer bike.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

TheReaper
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by TheReaper »

Dude that sucks. I've had my car broken into a couple of times, but can only imagine if someone took my bike.

While unlikely, here's hoping the people responsible get caught so you can get some restitution.

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Psycluded »

Yeah, that's about the only thing I'm hoping for, other than the insurance claim to go through.

The cop that took my statement was like, "Will you press charges if we catch the thief?"

I gave him the best crazy donkey Look and said, "Not only that, but I'll see him in civil court for mental anguish, etc. when criminal court is done sentencing him to prison for a few years of Big Bubba's Lovin'."

He was amused at that answer.
-Psycluded-

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by canuckerjay »

That sucks, dude -- my sympathies. I remember when a few kids broke into my car while it was on my driveway and ripped off my stereo gear. They were nabbed and I got all my gear back, but I didn't get a good night's rest for the next few years; I would always get up at the smallest sounds.

Unfortunatly, a bike can be moved easily and quietly with a couple of guys, and garage door locks aren't that strong.

What are you thinking of getting as a replacement?
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by Psycluded »

I'm looking at both an '04 Mistral Grey R6 and an '05 Raven R6. Found someone trying to get rid of the former in FL, and the stealership has one of the latter.

I thought about the CBR600RR, but the seat is SO uncomfy. Nah. I'll get something that I'm actually comfortable with.
-Psycluded-

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#9 Unread post by Aggroton »

cb360 wrote:Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Who BUYS all the stolen bikes? I don't think I'd ever buy a bike without some kind of title - particularly not a newer bike.

they mostly part them out to racers and stuff...friend of a friend of a friend...apprently only stole stuff for his race bike...
thats a sweet bike.

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#10 Unread post by 9000white »

if by some chance they turn themselves in to the cops and confess to the theft some kind hearted judge will listen to their tearful story about stealing to get some crack and they will get probation and continue their thieving.dont think the cops will try to find them.
dr bob