Kevlar riding Jeans or Pants with armor

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Kevlar riding Jeans or Pants with armor

#1 Unread post by HYPERR »

Anyone know of and recommend a good riding jeans or riding pants that comes with knee armor? I'm looking for something that looks like regular jeans or pants that would blend in when I go to class at the uni or when I go out. I like the looks of my Icon Super Duty cargo pants but they do not come with armor.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Kevlar riding Jeans or Pants with armor

#2 Unread post by Wrider »

Draggin Jeans? I think Icon makes a set of jeans with armor and pads all over them.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... Jeans.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... Pants.aspx Has pockets for knee armor

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... Jeans.aspx

There's a couple more on there, but they're all denim with knee armor and reinforcement.
Last edited by Wrider on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wrider wrote:Draggin Jeans? I think Icon makes a set of jeans with armor and pads all over them.
Icon does not make any jeans or cargo pants with armor. I don't think draggin does either. The trouble is, all the ones that comes with armor look like motorcycle pants and not regular pants. I'm looking for riding pants with armor that look like regular jeans or pants.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

You can get knee pads with armor and then wear the jeans over them. That's what I do. And I like Diamond Gusset Defender jeans.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#5 Unread post by sapaul »

Me too, I have a couple of different knee armour's that I put under different pants, it's not ideal but a lot more protection than having none.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#6 Unread post by Brackstone »

I bought Draggin Jeans and the extra Hook and Loop armour for the knees. That Velcro has never ever let me down the pads don't shift at all.
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

Wrider wrote: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... Pants.aspx Has pockets for knee armor
This one caught my attention due to the pocket for knee armor. However the review says it is a slim cut. :( I am pretty small waisted but have very thick legs so I need at the very least a loose fit and in most cases a baggy fit.

Johnj wrote:You can get knee pads with armor and then wear the jeans over them. That's what I do. And I like Diamond Gusset Defender jeans.
I thought about that too and it's not a bad idea for most situations. I already have the Fox offroad shin and knee armor that I use when I go on the dirtbike so I could try that. The problem is, I don't want to be wearing those armor when I am off the bike. Work is no problem and at school, I can put them in my knapsack but I don't really want to be carrying them around when I go out.

sapaul wrote:Me too, I have a couple of different knee armour's that I put under different pants, it's not ideal but a lot more protection than having none.
When I go to work, I wear my Joe Rocket Alter Ego overpants with armor. I'm thinking I can do the separate armor under riding jeans/riding cargo pants when I go to school as I can put the armor in my knapsack. The problem is othertime. I don't want to be walking around with velcroed armor and I don't want to be carrying them around either.

Brackstone wrote:I bought Draggin Jeans and the extra Hook and Loop armour for the knees. That Velcro has never ever let me down the pads don't shift at all.
Is this an option for the Draggin Jeans? Are they comfortable when walking around?
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Hondagirl
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2008 Honda Motard XR400

#8 Unread post by Hondagirl »

I could sew in armor pads for you ...maybe! :D . Kevlar is very tough though so would need a heavy duty knitting needle or something :unsure: but I think its do-able. Wouldn't it be best to have some kind of pocket fixed in so you could take them out or do you want something fixed in?
Honda Motard XR400
Traded: Honda SL230 and Yamaha XJR400

csspostal
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2012/Harley Davidson/ Iron 883 Ember Red

#9 Unread post by csspostal »

draggin jeans australia and usa you can order with armour. The aussies though now have a pair of jeans that have a CE raiting.
RhadamYgg wrote:I must have a sign on me that says "Never mind, he doesn't need vasoline."

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#10 Unread post by Brackstone »

HYPERR wrote:
Wrider wrote:
Brackstone wrote:I bought Draggin Jeans and the extra Hook and Loop armour for the knees. That Velcro has never ever let me down the pads don't shift at all.
Is this an option for the Draggin Jeans? Are they comfortable when walking around?
Draggin Jeans are comfortable but they are warm. If you are going to be like, riding somewhere then playing sports or going for a long walk in the sun I wouldn't recommend them. They are fantastic in the fall and winter months for pretty much any activity.

The Hook and Loop Knee Pads are an option you can order from the Draggin site unless things have changed. Hook and Loop is velcro basically but these pads have a very heavy duty version of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velcro
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)