You have dumped it, or you will

9000white
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by 9000white »

So, should we all get married again, so we can have some nagging beeatch to cure our ADD? :shock:

no thanks i thing getting killed is a better alternative.
dr bob

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#32 Unread post by sapaul »

9000white wrote:So, should we all get married again, so we can have some nagging beeatch to cure our ADD? :shock:

no thanks i thing getting killed is a better alternative.
Your use of the word again implies that you have been married before and are no longer. I am still in the married first time mode (26years) and have no intention of letting the Goose go. Besides if I did that, who would wash and polish the bike??????
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

ronboskz650sr
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#33 Unread post by ronboskz650sr »

I agree with sapaul..22 years and no going back...just have to find the right one.
Ride safe...God bless!
-Ron
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/avatartotal.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/ronboskz650sr/wholebikeavatar2.jpg[/img]

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#34 Unread post by Buelligan »

I know the feeling, there just seems to be that point of no return, and you're going down no matter what :( .

I was sitting an talking on my bike, when I went to get off, I forgot I hadn't put the kickstand down.

Minor scrape to my windshield (was my last bike) big dent in my ego, otherwise ok! :laughing:
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

njdeerhunter
Rookie
Rookie

#35 Unread post by njdeerhunter »

So, I had just recieved my license the night before, and knowing I needed practice I figured I would just drive around my buddies property until I got comfortable with my bike. (81 yamaha 650) Well, after driving loops around the main building(He's a caretaker for a convent in New Jersey) I figured I would change my course. The way I chose to go has a real sharp right turn, (picture trying to go up the wrong ramp on a highway). As I slowed to make the turn, I instead of looking where I wanted to go, I was fixated by the fence which I ran up against, my tires hit the soft dirt, and down I went. Well, the bike was on top of me, and I was feeling my right leg starting to get a little warm. I struggled for about a minute to free myself, (or what seemed like a minute) all the while I'm smelling gas and watching it drip all over, I managed to get myself out from under the beast. 2 new turn signals, a banged up knee, and a sore ankle. And a valuble lesson. Look where you want to go!!!(which they pounde into our heads at the msf course). Also learned that motorcycles become unsteady the slower you go.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#36 Unread post by cb360 »

ronboskz650sr wrote:I agree with sapaul..22 years and no going back...just have to find the right one.
I've only got two years in of official marriage :laughing: ... but we dated starting in 1988 so I think that counts. I'll stick with the one I've got.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#37 Unread post by BuzZz »

cb360 wrote:
ronboskz650sr wrote:I agree with sapaul..22 years and no going back...just have to find the right one.
I've only got two years in of official marriage :laughing: ... but we dated starting in 1988 so I think that counts. I'll stick with the one I've got.
I keep telling my wife that when she turns 40, I'm trading her in for two 20 year olds. :twisted:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#38 Unread post by sapaul »

OK now I have my miff up. On a totally different thread I was told I could not belong because I did not have a blue bike. SO I think we should have a club where only married, or long time co-habitation or self proclaimed Goose are allowed. Why, because we are different. We have some one else to be responsible for and therefore ARE NEVER GOING DOWN. On the bike that is. :oops:

bikeguy joe
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#39 Unread post by bikeguy joe »

My last crash was 22 years ago, and my (soon to be) wife would have kicked my azz if I hadn't broken three vertibrea in my neck. (Not sure if she was P.O'ed about the bike or me nearly killing myself or what..... :? )

She wasn't with me, but she still gets on the back of the bike whenever she can.

I've been married to the "biotch" (pet name, not a derogetory term) for 22+ years....what was I talking about?

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#40 Unread post by sapaul »

Just as bikers in general are different to that other breed (non bikers) it stands to reason that those of us who regulary carry pillions have a different riding style to those that only ride one up. We have to be smoother on acceleration, gentler on the brakes, a little slower on the entry speeds to corners and we have to have selective hearing. This is not to say that we can't have as much fun, see my avatar but maybe we are forced to be better riders as we have a responsability to some one other than ourselves.