iisjunkie
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2003/Suzuki/Intruder VS1400

Suzuki Intruder VS 1400

#1 Unread post by iisjunkie »

Bought one of these recently and have been doing what I can to make it something I can use every day. I will post pics soon but the things I'm wondering about are:

1) Has anyone changed the seat on this bike? I have the mustang one with the chrome beads on it but I think I would like one that sits a little lower and has a backrest - anyone?

2) Wondering WHY IN THE WORLD - they didn't put a Gas Gage on the stupid thing and if anyone has found a solution for bikes that don't have gas gages?? I like the bike but I wasn't a fan of running out of fuel on the side of the road.. I seriously was waiting for the light to come on.. LOL

3) I replaced the clutch, the back tire (next larger size), rear rotor & brake pads. Is it just me or does this bike naturally have issues?

4) Looking to add saddle bags - any suggestions on what kind will work and do I need the saddlebag mounting bar thingy to add bags to the bike.

5) some reason it didn't come with a windshield so I'll keep you posted as to what I end up with.

Any help would be great...

Tsp
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1996 Suzuki Intruder VS 800 GLT

Re: Suzuki Intruder VS 1400

#2 Unread post by Tsp »

I have a 96 VS 800 Intruder and besides rebuilding it have done very much online shoping. Bike Bandit for after market or OEM parts. Jafrum for leather goods and hey saddle bags wer cheapest and on sale, checkem out and have fun.