dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2010 HD sportster XL1200 custom

traded my yamaha tmax

#1 Unread post by dirt dobber »

for a harley sportster XL 1200 custom. no more panels to take off. every time i took it to dealer they screw something up, leave screw out so, i just decided to move up to loud pipes. having trouble getting use to right foot brake, changing gears, like learning to drive, i'm 75 still in good health, i just thought i'd pass this own. will post pictures in gallery under (dirt dobber or harley) when i get hard saddle bags & top box. it is red and black.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: traded my yamaha tmax

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Congratulations on the new Harley-Davidson Sportster! You will definately have to post up photo of it. I know what you mean about making it a little louder, just a word of caution, don't go with straight pipes or really loud pipes, your neighbours will hate you and that's not cool right? :D

You said you are having trouble with "trouble getting use to right foot brake, changing gears" is this because they are "heavy" or just something you are not used to since the TMax?

Looking forward to hearing more.

:happybikeday:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran

#3 Unread post by dirt dobber »

i live in a small sub-divison neighbor across from me said, james don't wake up my babys. i left a while ago they was out side the 3 yr. old had his hands over his ears.
just have to get use to it, it's like trying to learn to drive all over again. no more twist & go but, when i go i better be hanging on, like the gate been open & the bull comes out.

Marvin
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha TMAX, 2005 Yamaha FZ6

#4 Unread post by Marvin »

Those loud pipes will get on your own nerves after a while, after a long ride!
2009 Yamaha TMAX
2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXI
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC Trd Sport, 6 sp manual

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Marvin wrote:Those loud pipes will get on your own nerves after a while, after a long ride!
That's true. While a loud sounding bike, roaring off the walls of a tunnel or boulevard does sound great, after a while it would be annoying for the rider on a long ride. Unless you wear ear plugs, but even then, there are those who (both riders and non-riders) think your lovely exhaust note isn't their cup of tea.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran

#6 Unread post by dirt dobber »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Congratulations on the new Harley-Davidson Sportster! You will definately have to post up photo of it. I know what you mean about making it a little louder, just a word of caution, don't go with straight pipes or really loud pipes, your neighbours will hate you and that's not cool right? :D

You said you are having trouble with "trouble getting use to right foot brake, changing gears" is this because they are "heavy" or just something you are not used to since the TMax?

Looking forward to hearing more.

:happybikeday:

Mike
Mike, ididn't really know what you ment when you ask (is this because they are heavy) until last sat. i went on a 300 mile ride & 13 hr. day, before i got home my feet felt heavy when i had to move them.