Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

ICON does not sell replacement liners?!

#1 Unread post by Brackstone »

Okay everyone,

Color me peeved. But Icon does not sell replacement liners for the inside of their jackets. I can't seem to find the liner for my spring jacket. I also asked them if they'd sell me another coat hanger, they will also not do this. You can buy new helmet liners and replacement cheek pads but not liners for jackets or coat hangers? wtf? I find it abhorrent that I spent $250 on a jacket and they offer no post sales support.

So now not only am I in the market for a new Spring Jacket. But i'm also int he market for a new manufacturer of jackets.

Can anyone recommended a good company that sells a good spring jacket with the ability to replace a liner should I ever lose it? I'm giving up on Icon after this and probably selling both of my jackets from them!

Anyone else have similar stories like this?
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

Re: ICON does not sell replacement liners?!

#2 Unread post by Nalian »

Which ICON jacket do you currently have, or what are some comparable jackets you consider Spring jackets?

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#3 Unread post by Brackstone »

Nalian wrote:Which ICON jacket do you currently have, or what are some comparable jackets you consider Spring jackets?
I have one of the Arc Spring jackets. They still manufacture the line I bought. I guess for me a Spring Jacket is a jacket that offers you the ability to have lots of open vents and removable liner. That way if it's colder out you close the vents and put in the liner.

Nalian
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#4 Unread post by Nalian »

I have one joe rocket that fits what you've described - it's the ballistic 7.0. Longer cut (it's a touring style jacket) but it has lots of vents and a liner for colder weather. It claims to be waterproof and so far that's held up in my experience.

I really love my corazzo max jacket, although it does not have a liner. It's more of a soft-shell style jacket so it's water resistent and it's lined with fleece, but it has large pit zips and if you unzip the pockets as well it's got a ton of ventilation. If you order it a little larger than you normally wear, you could easily wear a hoody for warmth to pretty low temps.

It seems worth noting I also have a joe rocket phoenix mesh jacket that, with the rain liner in and a sweatshirt/fleece or hoody on, I can be comfortable down into the 50s..and with the liner out and just the mesh it's comfy to quite a warm temp.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#5 Unread post by Brackstone »

Nalian: those both sound like nice jackets but my main concern is if I lost one of the liners would I be able to order a replacement through that company?