JVRR
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

Re: I hate other motorcycle riders

#11 Unread post by JVRR »

Marvin wrote:I have been riding motorcycles for over 30 years, I was owning and riding all types of motorcycles before they became popular and I hate you new riders, you guys think you're an expert, you think you're cool, you think you have skills riding one that nobody else has, you dress up looking like clowns on a bike, you guys think all the women want you more just because you ride a bike, some of you think of yourself as a tough guy just because you ride, you think you're an experienced motorcycle mechanic because you did something simple like adjust a chain or tighten a spoke.
No I know its not true, on this dating site you can basically put your pictures up for voting to see which ones are liked the most, and me on my motorcycle was not nearly as well received as me standing in the snow in a wool jacket, go figure.
But one thing you don't have is the love and passion of riding a motorcycle, you see I have nothing to prove to any of you other motorcycle riders cause I don't ride to prove and pretend to be someone I am not.
What if my love and passion is for proving something to old farts? :laughing:
I see it almost everyday one guy has the biggest and baddest bike out there but a blind man can see he can't ride it, my favorate talking point I say to almost every rider I meet is "Nice Bike Too Bad You Can't Ride It"
At least this new guy can spell favorite. Oh and I am glad you were never new.
Yea, I ride a 500 scooter thats not fast, it doesn't have the rip your arms off acceleration, yea you guys cut it down and make fun of it, but at least I don't have to pretend to be someone I am not and I didn't buy it to impress you, I bought it for me for my passion and fun, but you'll never know I can take that big HD you have been riding for 5 years and ride it better than you.
You have made a million posts about the image of bikers, your entire biking experience is about image and what we should be. You are so full of it I cannot even keep it straight anymore. Remember all that crying about bikers being tough.
I don't have any riding buddies anymore
I was going to volunteer, until I found out you ride a scooter.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

agraebner
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by agraebner »

Hey marvin would you feel better if you were in the center of a big :group: . I am not sure this is the site for that. People here are more into :motorcycle1: or sharing that something made us :kicking: . Sometimes we get on here to share information and support to enhance the riding experience of oh others. Feel free to vent on here as much as you need, I hope it helps. I might recommend a little :toiletpaper: used properly might ease the chaffing that's making life so tough. I am not afflicted with such good looks that I am so burdened as you, and I ride a bunch of old crap bikes That I LIKE. I have ridden with people and will do so again when the chance comes up. I find life much more enjoyable if i stop :banghead2: and just focus on the :band: that is the rest of life. To everyone Else thank you so much for this great place to :gathering: and make a :rainyday: seem so much better. Marvin here's to you buddy :grouphug2: I hope you find a MERRY band of scooter riders that all look as good as you so you can just fit in. Mike I have never had the opportunity to use one of these :rubberchicken: in my life so I'm just throwing it in here cause i have always had a special place in my heart for the :rubberchicken: If anyone is ever on the eastern shore and wants to go for a day ride let me know Ill be happy to ride with you. I f you want to act all squidly that is your choice too. I just am not likely to keep up with that just not my thing.
1984 Honda Magna 700, 1987 CBR1000F, 1991 Nighthawk 750, 1994 FZR600, and for the dirt 1995 KTM 300 EXC and finally a 1986 KX500

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Marvin,

I can sense the frustration in your post. You made me think this morning that maxi-scooter riders really do have it more difficult than even I thought. On one hand, you have many motorcyclists who view scooters (all scooters) as non-motorcycles, even though they have 2 wheels, and on the other hand, you have younger riders riding 50cc scooters who view maxi-scooters as "not the same as them". The maxi-scooter owner is really faced with quite the dilemma!

I do know that over 50cc scooter sales are doing ok, mostly purchased by older riders and feedback is it's older riders (like yourself) who have rode bigger bikes in the past and want something lighter and more compact now. In Canada and the USA the maxi-scooter market is still very new (only 5 or so years old) so it still needs to find it's proper place in the community. Maxi-scooter riders MUST give it time though as you don't want to alienate yourself from one community or another.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dirt dobber
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2010 HD sportster XL1200 custom

#14 Unread post by dirt dobber »

MARVIN, i rode a t-max for 2 yrs. i really like it, i rode with the big boys, they were really impressed. some riders don't speak regurless what you ride. i'm kind of new to riding and the old saying is we never to old to learn. we all crash sooner or later. i dress for protection and to be seen, not to impress some one. i'm 75 and just traded for a H-D. i don't have any panels to take off any more. that's 1 thing i didn't like about the t-max. i miss the twist & go thou. my t-max was fast, take off at a light i could be gone look in mirror & say why don't they come on. i rode it faster than my new H-D.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#15 Unread post by Brackstone »

I guess I dress like a badass but I like the way the clothing looks. Is it wrong to dress like a badass? I dunno I mean I like the clothing but I don't roll up to bars and try to pick fights?

I do think I'm a great rider though

I am not a mechanic by any means

Oh and I wave to everyone! Wait that makes me less of a badass! ARGH SO CONFUSED!
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

havegunjoe
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2004 Yamaha 650 V-Star

#16 Unread post by havegunjoe »

Marvin, you don’t know me but I am “cool”. At least my wife, kids, and grandkids think so and that is all that matters to me. I think a person that rides any kind of motorcycle /scooter is a “tough guy/gal” by definition. It is scarier than riding in a car I know that. Sorry I don’t have as many years on a bike as you but that is just circumstances of life I guess. Now I ride every chance I can. If you don’t like the way I dress too bad, I don’t dress to impress you. I wave to everyone no matter what they are riding. If they wave back good, if not so be it, I hope they have a good day anyway. Marvin, you need to dial back the caffeine a bit. Seems like too many little things upset you.
DEMOCRACY IS 2 WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR DINNER.
LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONTESTING THE VOTE.

Katharine
Regular
Regular
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: computer chair

#17 Unread post by Katharine »

mogster wrote:Women ride bikes too.

Women often consider men on motorcycles as bikers rather than mating options.

Women don't need your opinions on what attracts us.
Why is there no "love" button for this???

havegunjoe wrote:Marvin, you don’t know me but I am “cool”. At least my wife, kids, and grandkids think so and that is all that matters to me.
"I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me!" <--- if anyone gets the movie, I'll be surprised...

Superfly3176
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 Harley Davidson Nightster XL1200N

#18 Unread post by Superfly3176 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Marvin,

I can sense the frustration in your post. You made me think this morning that maxi-scooter riders really do have it more difficult than even I thought. On one hand, you have many motorcyclists who view scooters (all scooters) as non-motorcycles, even though they have 2 wheels, and on the other hand, you have younger riders riding 50cc scooters who view maxi-scooters as "not the same as them". The maxi-scooter owner is really faced with quite the dilemma!

I do know that over 50cc scooter sales are doing ok, mostly purchased by older riders and feedback is it's older riders (like yourself) who have rode bigger bikes in the past and want something lighter and more compact now. In Canada and the USA the maxi-scooter market is still very new (only 5 or so years old) so it still needs to find it's proper place in the community. Maxi-scooter riders MUST give it time though as you don't want to alienate yourself from one community or another.

Mike

It's because scooters aren't motorcycles. They're about as related as a car is to a truck.

You straddle a motorcycle, you don't straddle a scooter. Alot of scooters are also automatic very few bikes are.

JVRR
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2004 Suzuki GS500F

#19 Unread post by JVRR »

I stopped waiving at scooters because they never waved at me.
-JV
Xbox LIVE!: "Vlad is Rad"
PSN: "Vlad_is_Rad"
SCII: "Volodya" (code: 314)

tonyric
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '11 Victory Cross Country

#20 Unread post by tonyric »

Katharine wrote:
mogster wrote:Women ride bikes too.

Women often consider men on motorcycles as bikers rather than mating options.

Women don't need your opinions on what attracts us.
Why is there no "love" button for this???

havegunjoe wrote:Marvin, you don’t know me but I am “cool”. At least my wife, kids, and grandkids think so and that is all that matters to me.
"I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me!" <--- if anyone gets the movie, I'll be surprised...
Planes Trains and Automobiles.... IIRC the scene was after John Candy completely destroyed the bathroom and Steve Martin just FLEW off the handle. CLASSIC... Must watch it again. :)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you.