Coolrocket
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Yamaha R15

Bikes – All about riding Safe

#1 Unread post by Coolrocket »

Bikers are always on the lookout for motorcycle stunts. A current inclination of youngsters towards bike stunts is really shocking as there is a huge rise in bike accidents resulting due to rash riding. Individuals are often confused with the word “stunts” and try to act them on roads after getting influenced by television commercials & other forms of media.
Here are some examples of how stunts on bike can lead to severe injuries and even death:
Wheelie - A wheelie is a bike maneuver done by an expert rider to raise the front wheel off the ground and ride only on the rear wheel. Wheelies are inherently hazardous stunts besides there is a vast increase in youngsters to try this stunt form. Improper knowledge plus safety kit makes it very risky and chances are that it will lead to serious injuries despite the protective gear.
Stoppie - Stopping with the rear wheel off the ground (the opposite of a wheelie), also termed as endo. This form of stunt is extremely risky and leads to fatal injuries. Practically there has been a massive growth in mishaps as youngsters try to maneuver this trick.
Recent stats show that nearly 80% of the motorbike crashes are caused due to bike stunts lacking proper knowledge.

Latest News read that 2 youths lost their lives while performing stunts on their motorbikes on highway. The two along with a group of motorbike riders lost control of their bikes while performing stunts and hit a boardwalk.

A review conducted by the Central Road Research Institute shows that more than 90% pedestrians feel unsafe while crossing the roads due to rash & unsafe bikers.
The view of riding a bike is to enjoy the two wheel ride. The main motto of bike is all about appreciating the ride while commuting from one place to other. People often misuse the power by performing stunts on the road without proper awareness and safety gear which results in severe mishaps. Bike stunts are unsafe because the rider only has two wheels to put up with him and therefore the rider is constantly in danger in spite of the use of helmets and protective gear.

It is necessary to ride safe on your bikes. Riding rash or stunting will definitely lead to unfortunate mishaps rather than making you cool. The law forbids “stunts” bikes on roads and it can even lead to punishment. The stunts are very unsafe and should not be performed at any step.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Re: Bikes – All about riding Safe

#2 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Coolrocket wrote: Recent stats show that nearly 80% of the motorbike crashes are caused due to bike stunts lacking proper knowledge.

A review conducted by the Central Road Research Institute shows that more than 90% pedestrians feel unsafe while crossing the roads due to rash & unsafe bikers.

The stunts are very unsafe and should not be performed at any step.
Those are some crazy stats. Do you have a copy of the reports to back those up?
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

vennyroger
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Cbz

#3 Unread post by vennyroger »

One of the main thing you are required to be knowledgeable regarding safe bike riding is controlling your bike. There are many bike crashed which are due to this reason only. You are required to know how to properly control your bike at the time of starting or stopping.

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#4 Unread post by mogster »

Coolrocket wrote:Bikers are always on the lookout for motorcycle stunts.

Recent stats show that nearly 80% of the motorbike crashes are caused due to bike stunts lacking proper knowledge.
People often misuse the power by performing stunts on the road without proper awareness and safety gear which results in severe mishaps.
Academically approved statistical evidence????
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5 Unread post by dr_bar »

mogster,

vennyroger is resurrecting every old topic he can find. I can pretty much guarantee coolrocket's stats are fabricated on the spot... I mean he posted once in July 2011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

mogster wrote:
Coolrocket wrote:Bikers are always on the lookout for motorcycle stunts.

People often misuse the power by performing stunts on the road without proper awareness and safety gear which results in severe mishaps.
Academically approved statistical evidence????
Seems Coolrocket is from India and I am amazed to find that the "Central Road Research Institute*" really does exist in India ( http://crridom.gov.in/ ). This doesn't prove his stats are true though without evidence or a .gov.in link and even if so, is it only true in India?

Mike
* CSIR-Central Road Research Institute (CRRI), a premier national laboratory established in 1952, a constituent of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is engaged in carrying out research and development projects on design, construction and maintenance of roads and runways, traffic and transportation planning of mega and medium cities, management of roads in different terrains, improvement of marginal materials, utilization of industrial waste in road construction, landslide control, ground improvements environmental pollution, road traffic safety and analysis & design, wind, fatigue, corrosion studies, performance monitoring/evaluation, service life assessment and rehabilitation of highway & railway bridges. The institute provides technical and consultancy services to various user organizations in India and abroad. For capacity building of human resources in the area of highway Engineering to undertake and execute roads and runway projects, Institute has the competence to organize National & International Training Programmes continuing education courses since 1962 to disseminate the R&D finding to the masses.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#7 Unread post by madjak30 »

I'd be more worried about cagers with cell phones-texting/taking pics/twitter/facebook/etc- than the odd biker that's an idiot!

At least we are not one of the forums promoting such riding...we tend to promote the saftey & respect the road type of riding...and most forums are that way, but some do attract the 'SQUID' element...I don't ride to impress anyone but myself. Do I make the odd stupid decision, YUP...but it isn't a regular occurance.

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

cargarl
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: harley 1986

#8 Unread post by cargarl »

I completely agree. It can sometimes get out of control riding the bike. We therefore all need to take care and be safe.