Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Members in Europe

#1 Unread post by Wrider »

So I haven't had any luck on this side of the pond, but seeing as you guys get all of the cool bikes over there...

Can any of you source a front suspension rebuild kit for a 1994 Yamaha GTS1000? I have a friend who has one, and he needs the front suspension rebuilt. Our dealers seem to be absolutely useless when it comes to sourcing parts for it, seeing as they're about as rare as a native Antarctican around here...
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Members in Europe

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hahahahaha :lol: There are definitely some great bikes over here! The riding in the UK is soooooo different than that of North America, I'm not surprised there's a fair difference in what is offered and popular between the two continents. But that being said there are for sure some models that should cross the border!!!

I'll get Mike on this for you, he's fabulous at finding random things on the internet... :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, I did manage to find some stuff for ya... :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=G ... m270.l1313

I look for some fairing parts for High_side here in the UK and found them (new and used), but the shipping costs /time can be a lot and the UK pount to USD is about 50% so factor that in too.

Another site I use a lot here is: www.gumtree.com

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Hmmm yeah gonna have to talk to the guy then about the cost plus shipping and all of that...
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Wrider »

Well I am once again having to ask you guys over across the pond a favor...
As you know (and I'm sure Andrea specifically), the Z750S wasn't very popular over here.
While I love it, there is a problem, because I can't find any aftermarket parts for this beast!
I'm specifically looking for any sort of crash protection for the bike. I sent a few emails out to shops in London, hopefully I'll hear something back.
But would you guys let me know if you find frame sliders or engine case protectors for the Z750S over there? I'd really appreciate it!

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#6 Unread post by dr_bar »

Wrider wrote:Well I am once again having to ask you guys over across the pond a favor...
As you know (and I'm sure Andrea specifically), the Z750S wasn't very popular over here.
While I love it, there is a problem, because I can't find any aftermarket parts for this beast!
I'm specifically looking for any sort of crash protection for the bike. I sent a few emails out to shops in London, hopefully I'll hear something back.
But would you guys let me know if you find frame sliders or engine case protectors for the Z750S over there? I'd really appreciate it!

Just get your lazy arse into a plane and go look for yourself... Say hi to Mike and Andrea while you're over there... :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#7 Unread post by sv-wolf »

dr_bar wrote: Just get your lazy arse into a plane and go look for yourself... Say hi to Mike and Andrea while you're over there... :o)

So when can we expect you?
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#8 Unread post by Wrider »

Lol if only! I'd love to come over but my bank account laughs hysterically when I look at plane ticket prices!

sv-wolf
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#9 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Wrider wrote:Lol if only! I'd love to come over but my bank account laughs hysterically when I look at plane ticket prices!
I kinda know that feeling! Sigh! But if you ever make it over - let me know.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog