Do you go strapped?

Do you carry a gun,knife, or any other weapons while riding?

I carry a pistol
19%
I carry a knife
22%
I carry mace
No votes
I carry a stun gun or taser
No votes
I carry a club,bat
2%
I don't carry
58%

Total votes: 64

Newrider42
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Do you go strapped?

#1 Unread post by Newrider42 »

I was just wondering how many carry a gun while riding. My dad and I were talking about his childhood and the subject of my uncle came up. My dad told me that when my uncle was around 19 he had a motorcycle. One day when he was riding, a car kept tailgating him so close that a couple of times the bumper rubbed up against my uncle's back tire. My uncle was always strapped and pulled out his revolver from his saddle bag and glanced back to aim and the guy stayed well behind and took the next turn.
Hopefully have a ride by February.

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

Re: Do you go strapped?

#2 Unread post by -Holiday »

Newrider42 wrote:I was just wondering how many carry a gun while riding. My dad and I were talking about his childhood and the subject of my uncle came up. My dad told me that when my uncle was around 19 he had a motorcycle. One day when he was riding, a car kept tailgating him so close that a couple of times the bumper rubbed up against my uncle's back tire. My uncle was always strapped and pulled out his revolver from his saddle bag and glanced back to aim and the guy stayed well behind and took the next turn.
wow, sounds like a scene from a movie! Is your uncle in jail now?

I dont really think carrying weapons is a good idea. I dont do it. Well except a Walther PPK, a BAR , a knife with a compass on the end (like Rambo had), and a ninja suit. Next time someone cuts me off I'm planning on killing thier entire family. I figure that'll teach em a lesson!
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by Buelligan »

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by cb360 »

No guns for me. On my bike or in my house. I believe reasonably responsible people should be able to own firearms as they wish. I'm just personally uncomfortable having them around. And Seattle is a pretty safe city - don't see the need. Hell, most of us above thirty are at a much greater risk of having a heart attack than getting shot, but I'm not carrying a defibrilator either. :laughing:
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#5 Unread post by dr_bar »

cb360 wrote:No guns for me. On my bike or in my house. I believe reasonably responsible people should be able to own firearms as they wish. I'm just personally uncomfortable having them around. And Seattle is a pretty safe city - don't see the need. Hell, most of us above thirty are at a much greater risk of having a heart attack than getting shot, but I'm not carrying a defibrilator either. :laughing:
Yeah, but if you're going to have a heart attack, the best city in north america to have it in, is Seattle. There are more people trained in CPR per capita, than in any other city in N.A.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

bennettoid
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by bennettoid »

I have a concealed carry permit, so no matter where I am You can be fairly sure I'm armed.

I DO NOT brandish my weapon casually. Anyone who does should not have a permit, or a gun for that matter.

I have pulled my gun twice in order to stop a crime from happening and in both cases the bad guys turned tail and ran.

As angry as I get at the idiot cagers, I would never pull my weapon in anger.

I carry a big rock in my pocket to throw at thier windshields.
'94 vulcan 750

mustangski
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by mustangski »

I also have a concealed carry permit. I carry a pocket knife when on the bike. It's not for protection, its just a pocket knife I always carry. But when I am in my truck I have a pistol with me. There are also several firearms in my home. I believe I live in a very safe part of town, but it only takes that one time when you wish you would have been armed. I would urge everyone to learn about firearms and firearm safety. Hell, maybe it will get you into another hobby. :laughing:
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#8 Unread post by ZooTech »

I have one of these at home:

But I only carry a knife with me on the bike, because otherwise I'd have to leave a $600.00 gun in a vinyl saddlebag every time I parked. I figure, if a car wants to screw with me, he'll have to catch me first!

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Psycluded »

Meh, the weapon I carry isn't for cars on the road. It's for when I stop in unfamiliar places and don't know the people. OR anytime I'm riding in Atlanta. >_<
-Psycluded-
2005 Honda CBR600F4i - STOLEN
2005 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition

Newrider42
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by Newrider42 »

I also have a permit for a concealed weapon and usually have my gun either on me or in the car, and have several at home. I do agree with you, no one should brandish their weapon unless they plan on using it. Kinda goes along with the concealed part. My uncle was a little wild in his younger days, and apparently stupid. :wacko: I have never carried while riding a motorcycle, but would consider it. I don't live in a bad part of town, but crazy people seem to be everywhere!
Hopefully have a ride by February.