Do you go strapped?

Do you carry a gun,knife, or any other weapons while riding?

I carry a pistol
19%
I carry a knife
22%
I carry mace
No votes
I carry a stun gun or taser
No votes
I carry a club,bat
2%
I don't carry
58%

Total votes: 64

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Sev »

I carry one of these on long trips because it's just to useful to not have. I think it would be way to much effort to threaten someone with it though.

Both hands off the handlebars, rummage around in the tank bag, pull out the knife, then pull off a glove so I can get a finger nail into the groove. Find the right blade, pull it out, turn around and wave it, hoping that they think it's a scary knife and they don't pack a gun.

Twist the wrist sounds easier.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#12 Unread post by Psycluded »

Newrider42 wrote: I do agree with you, no one should brandish their weapon unless they plan on using it. Kinda goes along with the concealed part.
My grandpa (Marine) taught me, if I ever draw a weapon against another human being, that my very next actions should include gaining sight picture and firing. Never, ever, ever draw a weapon to "scare" someone or threaten them. If the gun is in your hands, you need to be USING it.
-Psycluded-
2005 Honda CBR600F4i - STOLEN
2005 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition

Newrider42
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by Newrider42 »

ZooTech wrote:
Nice gun by the way Zoo. :drool:
Hopefully have a ride by February.

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by Buelligan »

Being a Canadian who lives in a small community, I own no weapons (just a few bread knives) don't always lock my doors, and my bike stays safe with just a steering lock. :shock:
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by Sev »

Buelligan wrote:Being a Canadian who lives in a small community, I own no weapons (just a few bread knives) don't always lock my doors, and my bike stays safe with just a steering lock. :shock:
OOOO Canada!!! HUZZAH!
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Buelligan
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Buelligan »

We did have a loose bull up here once though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and someone went joy riding on a bull dozer, luckily they didn't get far!!!!

:mrgreen:
Black - 2004 Buell XB9S Lightening

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#17 Unread post by cb360 »

dr_bar wrote:
cb360 wrote:No guns for me. On my bike or in my house. I believe reasonably responsible people should be able to own firearms as they wish. I'm just personally uncomfortable having them around. And Seattle is a pretty safe city - don't see the need. Hell, most of us above thirty are at a much greater risk of having a heart attack than getting shot, but I'm not carrying a defibrilator either. :laughing:
Yeah, but if you're going to have a heart attack, the best city in north america to have it in, is Seattle. There are more people trained in CPR per capita, than in any other city in N.A.
Cool. I've had the training a couple times myself and actually had to use it once. Oddly enough, that training is one of the reasons I'm such a big proponent of the msf. To make a long story short, my 4 year old nephew almost drowned at a party a few weeks ago - there was about 25 people there including his parents, but all the sudden I totally surprised myself by screaming, "Give him to me, I know what to do!" And everything turned out ok. My point being that training works - it kicks in when you need it and I think if you've had the MSF training you'll be a better rider whether you realize it or not. To get back on topic I'm sure the same is true for firearms training.

I actually thinking shooting at a range would be fun, but unless things change drastically in my life, I'll never carry a gun for protection. Frankly, I'd feel stupid. I'm not a cowboy. I've made it 40 years without one. If someone ELSE has a gun, they can have my wallet. If they are willing to shoot me for $10, then I guess I'l be dead. The New England Journal of medicine says I'm 2.7 times more likely to be murdered in my home if I keep a gun there. And I wouldnt shoot anyone except the most dire of circumstances anyway.

Don't come flaming me gun people. I DO think you should be able to have guns if you want them! Just leave them in your car when you come visit. :wink: They make me nervous.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#18 Unread post by Aggroton »

i carry a 4inch buck knife with me everywhere...so im usually armed...my crew however is another story...they all have concealled weapons permits and all of them are always packin the heat...ill tell you what...ones only every been pulled in my precesnce and im glad it was...

at the bar...long story short...an esse' pulls a switchblade on a kid who probaly should have been stabbed...and my buddy dan pulls out his sig...and stituation is resolved...i was between the two kids fighting...wedge between them and the bar...but yeah...as soon as i can afford a gun i plan on buying one...more for recreation than anything...but i do want to be roland of gilead.
thats a sweet bike.

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#19 Unread post by Wizzard »

Da ole' Wizz ain't copping to a thing.
Regards
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#20 Unread post by ZooTech »

Wizzard wrote:Da ole' Wizz ain't copping to a thing.
Word!