MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2002 Suzuki SV650s

Re: heel shifter

#11 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Today is the day!! Got two new tires and the lowering kit for the SV. I'm going to show my mechanic what you all wrote and help with getting the bike mods done and see how it feels. If all is a go I'm gonna go! GO GO GO!

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#12 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

[/img]HEY! :kicking:
Just got finished adding the lowering kit to the SV and put two new tires on! With my flat riding boots I am touching the ground flat footed! I'm sooooo excited! I feel way more stable and ready to ride!
Thanks for everyone that chimed in here. The input and support were really groovy.
Lisa
Attachments
My SV.jpg
My SV.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
Last edited by MaeBe43 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#13 Unread post by sapaul »

Glad to here things worked out, I have always liked the SV, very capable bike and you can push them hard.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Still trying to figure out how to work this site. I posted a pic with my SV, but I wanted it next to this area where I'm posting? What's the secret?
Anyway I rode it yesterday for the first time. What a blast! I think the clutch needs adjusting a bit, it's a little tough up shifting.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#15 Unread post by Johnj »

Well you go to the User Control Panel (at the top of the page) and change your profile. It`s called an avatar.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

MaeBe43
Rookie
Rookie

#16 Unread post by MaeBe43 »

Wanted to update here with my SV. When I first said it was hard to shift that was kind of an understatement. I'd been fighting with it for a couple of months and decided to have my mechanic put a new clutch on. Having never ridden one of these bikes I had nothing to compare it to. Well I was waiting for the parts and decided to take a ride to Saratoga to a Winery/concert venue which involves a mountain road. I only stayed about an hour because it was already getting dark and went to start my bike. I was at the very top parking area which has the best view. It was gorgeous up there. I was with a guy on a 750GSXR. For some reason after I started it I let the clutch out. I guess I thought I was in neutral. The bike of course stalled, but I heard a sound as it jerked forward. I had snapped the shifter. It was just hanging there dangling :climb: . He didn't even have a passenger seat on his bike. Anyway I called my trusted mechanic JERRY!!! HELP!!!! I didn't want to leave it up there all alone for one. He came ALL the way up there and we loaded it in his truck. I told him I bet it wasn't the clutch it was that &*%$ shifter. But the part had come in and I already paid for it so when the shifter lever thingy mabob came in on went the new clutch etc. (The old clutch wasn't bad Jerry said). My bad
But NOW?? OH my GOD!! :woohoo: Night and day! So this is what's it's supposed to be like riding this bike! AWESOME!

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#17 Unread post by dr_bar »

Glad that it worked out for you, could have been dicey if that had packed it in on the freeway... Enjoy your ride... :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"