GSX R750 vs Yamaha R6 vs Ducati monster.Suggestions to help me decide?

fatich
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: None right now

GSX R750 vs Yamaha R6 vs Ducati monster.Suggestions to help me decide?

#1 Unread post by fatich »

Hey guys. I currently own a Nissan 350Z and I am planning to add a motorcycle to my inventory. This is not my first bike by the way. I am planning to use the motorcycle for everyday use to work which is gonna be a 30 minutes drive everyday. I will be giving my car to my brother which means I will be relying only on the motorcycle at least till November. I am 24 years old and 5'7" tall. Ducati was my prime choice but I am not able to find a good used one. So my next two choices were GSX R750 and Yamaha R6 among which I find it hard to decide. Kindly help me with my suggestions and comments. Thanks in advance! :frusty:

ronrex
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

Re: GSX R750 vs Yamaha R6 vs Ducati monster.Suggestions to help me decide?

#2 Unread post by ronrex »

I am 5'7" and ride a zrx1100. The seat on it is lower than those three you have to choose from. I had to cut the seat cushion and lower the front 10mm via the triple trees to feel comfortable at traffic lights, especially on uneven street surfaces.

Depending on your inseam, that might be a consideration for you. The zrx is an amazing and comfortable street ride. I love mine. Just got new dunlops for it and am anxious for tomorrow when i get to test ride it and then off to work..

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

You didn't say which Monster you're looking for, but between a Monster and a race replica, I'd take the Monster any day. Unless your 30 minutes is going to be on a race track. R6's particularly are known for peaky torque curves. Exciting on the track, but a giant PITA in normal street riding in traffic. If your only choice is the 750 Gixxer or the R6, I'd take the Gixxer simply because it's got a bit more low-end punch. Again, think regular streets in traffic - you don't need top end, you need low-end torque.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

+1 for the Monster, since you're going to use it as an everyday commute vehicle. If you can't find a Monster, maybe consider the naked versions of the GSXR750 and the R6; the Suzuki GSX-S750 and the Yamaha FZ-6. More comfortable ergos for the daily commute (especially if you don't live in a lane-split state).
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."