Solo or Two-up?

Solo or Two-up Preference?

I'll be home by dark:30.
45%
OK, you can come along, but no screaming.
21%
I don't care... whatever.
34%

Total votes: 112

Johnny Gaijin
Regular
Regular

#61 Unread post by Johnny Gaijin »

having a hot girl w/ her arms wrapped around you on top of a giant phallic symbol is pretty rad in my opinion.

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#62 Unread post by earwig »

My fiance hates riding on motorcycles and only went with me once. She says she might be interested in buying one of her own but it's one of those things where I'll believe it when I see it :D

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#63 Unread post by dr_bar »

SheRidesABeemer wrote:I ride 2 up with my 10 year old...
Good on you...

My daughters both live in Calgary and I don't get to see too much of them. I almost bought a bike several years ago, it would have entailed selling my cage, so I discussed it with my two daughters and they both said they would never get on the back of it. :cry: So needing a vehicle for use when they were in town, I decided on keeping the cage.

After I finally bought my current bike, I have had both girls up on the back and they enjoyed it. My youngest spent a long afternoon visiting her friends with me as chauffeur. The next summer, I went river rafting with my eldest daughter. She came to town with a friend and after a couple of days here, we rode up to lillooet to go rafting. Just a short trip of close to 200 miles, but she enjoyed the ride and had a great time.

I wish I had them here with me more often but now with a baby in the picture, the eldest won't get back on and the younger one isn't that keen on bikes anymore, (I think I heard something about a friend of theirs being in an accident.)

With all that said, I love to ride solo, but I think sharing the biking experience with a pillion is great. I currently ride a cruiser, my next one will be a tourer, and they're made for two up.... :mrgreen:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

danial_1970
Regular
Regular

#64 Unread post by danial_1970 »

As I was reading the posts I said to myself "Self these people are just making excuses for not having a pillion because they are scared or dont have the skill to ride with a pillion." Plus I alson realized most the the people that stated that solo is the way to go are all riding croch rockets and are only interested in speed and the thrill. Because if you had taken the time to ride with a pillion and talked to them before you took off you would realy enjoy it. I ride solo alot but that is because my wife has her own bike and the kids are doing there thing. And then there is alot of times when the wife and I will get take one bike out and enjoy a nice long ride which makes the entire riding experience worth while.

And that is my TWO CENTs on this topic.

Thank you and good night.
My credo in which I live and work by.....
If I do not speak my mind when I am able, death provides ample time for silence.( Gen. Knyphauser Oct 4,1777)

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#65 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I have my own bike so I ride solo, I really enjoy that time to myself. I'm even changing my seat to a solo so that it's not even an issue anymore. In the past I've been able to get away with "but im just learning, it's really not a good idea" but now they've caught on to me :wink: . Prior to that I rode pillon with my husband, it was fun, it was a bonding experience, but motorcycles are too much fun to be in the back seat :biker: !!! We can bond at home.

xsyamahadg
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 55
My Motorcycle: 2007 1100 V-Star Silverado

#66 Unread post by xsyamahadg »

I have been married for 42 years [ to the same woman :D ] and riding all those years too. I can count on my one hand how many times she has ridden with me. I'd love to have her along, but she has no interest in riding or motorbikes. XS
1981 Yamaha XS650H
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
1979 Honda PA 50
1970 Rupp mini
Stop in and visit my web site sometime:
http://rideohiomc1.proboards.com

bok
Site Supporter - Platinum

#67 Unread post by bok »

i like riding solo, but i enjoy riding two-up as well as long as the passenger is comfortable and will go with the flow and not fight the bike and I for control hehe
[url=http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com]Best Motorcycle School[/url]
[url=http://flickr.com/groups/tmw/]Post your Pics[/url]
[url=http://www.californiabikenights.com/learn/]Learn to Ride[/url]

highside
Rookie
Rookie

#68 Unread post by highside »

I ride solo all the time unless I'm giving someone a lift...
See you on the streets!

Big B

#69 Unread post by Big B »

my fiancee was involved in a lowside on a sportbike several years back (before we met) so for a while it was a struggle to get her on mine, eventually she came along on progressively longer rides, and now she wants to ride along just about all of the time.
now that i think of it, i may have screwed myself :mrgreen:
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!

MontyCarlo
Elite
Elite

#70 Unread post by MontyCarlo »

Hope this isn't a repost, I didn't wade through the whole thread.

I don't mind 2-up once you get out of the city. Having a pillion is a bit straining in stop and go, but once you're on the open road, it's nice to have someone else enjoying the ride with you. Especially if they're of the opposite sex. :twisted:

Or the same, I guess, if that's what gets you going...
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."