ronrex
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

evolution of my zrx1100

#1 Unread post by ronrex »

Well, it's been some year. Although i've only ridden 4500 miles since i bought this bike, you'll see it is no longer the same bike. In a few more days it will change one more time when i add a holeshot header system to my yoshimura bolt-on.

The list of mods i've done, while riding this bike as much as our rain-ridden weather allows...to and from work and about one or two joyrides a week.....well the list is getting pretty long, but most of it has been labor, except the recent performance upgrades. Even those were sparked by necessity when the bike died a horrible carb-related death in the road near home.

I still love this bike, it still runs like a banshee (and then some with the pods and rejet)... and it fits me like a glove now thanks to ergo improvements. I even added rustoleum peelcoat for nice knee indent grip that is replaceable without wrecking the paint. Next week, the header will be on , but only the new paint will give it away cosmetically...the performance should be better too! currently the bike is amazing in all rpm ranges in all gears...i expect that to continue and will rejet if necessary.

before pic:

see through with pods:

Day one:

ronrex
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2000 Kawasaki zrx1100

Re: evolution of my zrx1100

#2 Unread post by ronrex »

header is on...indoor pic...on night shift body clock, just put this together...

and in the sun:

the test ride was an eye opener. the butt-dyno says the pipe and advancer changed the bike as much as the pods and jetting did. I made a minor tweak to my mixture screws and need to check out that result, but overall the bike iseven more powerfaul and easier to ride in traffic, with enough power to lift the front wheel easily in 1st and second gears on hard acceleration. The kind of usable power a heavy bike like this needs to get around town.

Very pleased with the project.