Pretty amazing stuff: KAWASAKI TO START DEVELOPING MOTORCYCLES WITH AI TECHNOLOGIES

A.I. and bikes...

Great idea
No votes
Bad idea
100%

Total votes: 3

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Pretty amazing stuff: KAWASAKI TO START DEVELOPING MOTORCYCLES WITH AI TECHNOLOGIES

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

KAWASAKI TO START DEVELOPING MOTORCYCLES WITH AI TECHNOLOGIES

Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI) is moving forward with plans to develop next-generation motorcycles that have a personality and can grow along with the rider. The motorcycles will make use of ICT (Information and Communications Technology), including AI (Artificial Intelligence), to achieve this goal.

The motorcycles being developed use the Emotion Generation Engine and Natural Language Dialogue System*1. From the words spoken by the rider, this AI-controlled system can pick up on the rider’s intent and emotional state. Enabling rider and motorcycle to communicate and share an understanding of purpose will open the door to a new world of unprecedented riding experiences.

Accessing Kawasaki’s bank of analytical chassis and running data stored on a cloud-based data centre or referencing the vast amount of information available on the Internet, the system will be able to offer the rider pertinent hints for enhanced riding enjoyment, or relay safety-related or reassuring advice as the situation dictates. Through advanced electronic management technology, having the system update machine settings based on the rider’s experience, skill and riding style will also be possible.

Through repeated interaction, this kind of communication between rider and motorcycle will allow the motorcycle to develop a unique personality reflecting the individual idiosyncrasies of the rider. With mutual trust established, both rider and motorcycle will be able to improve and grow, offering an all-new kind of enjoyment.
Kawasaki motorcycles are products of RIDEOLOGY*2, its original rider-centric development philosophy.

Kawasaki believes that motorcycles are more than simple tools for getting from one place to another; they should be fun and rewarding for the rider to control. To take this idea to the next level, Kawasaki has begun working on the new motorcycles that, through the use of AI, will possess individual personalities.

In order to deliver exciting motorcycles that are fun and rewarding to control, Kawasaki will continue to take full advantage of the vast experience and combined technological resources of the KHI Group as it explores novel approaches in the development of new products and technologies.

*1 A form or artificial intelligence that enables man and machine to communicate by imbuing the machine with lifelike feelings and technology capable of recognising emotion by the sound of the speaker’s voice. Platform currently being developed by cocoro SB Corp., a member of the SoftBank Group.
*2 Kawasaki’s rider-centric development philosophy, RIDEOLOGY, is a commitment to pursue all possibilities to ensure that its products possess both Power and Gentleness, and are fun and rewarding to control.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Re: Pretty amazing stuff: KAWASAKI TO START DEVELOPING MOTORCYCLES WITH AI TECHNOLOGIES

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I'm afraid I can't let you do a wheelie Dave.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: Pretty amazing stuff: KAWASAKI TO START DEVELOPING MOTORCYCLES WITH AI TECHNOLOGIES

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Accessing Kawasaki’s bank of analytical chassis and running data stored on a cloud-based data centre or referencing the vast amount of information available on the Internet, the system will be able to offer the rider pertinent hints for enhanced riding enjoyment, or relay safety-related or reassuring advice as the situation dictates.
I work in technology all day long. I don't go out riding to get closer to this dodo, I go riding to get away from it. Kawi has lost their collective minds, and maybe their souls, too.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

DieMonkeys
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2015/Kawasaki/Versys 650 LT

#4 Unread post by DieMonkeys »

Sell all the data!
[img]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/c/f/8cfad8ebc281805945b49541a1f00d48.gif[/img]
1980 Suzuki GS550E "Miranda" (Retired)
1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC "Valarie"

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

NorthernPete wrote:I'm afraid I can't let you do a wheelie Dave.
"open the garage door, Kawa."
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.