HondaMomma
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2000 Honda Aero 1100

Need advice on which Honda to buy next

#1 Unread post by HondaMomma »

I've ridden for two years, just starting my third. I absolutely love Hondas, they are incredibly comfortable for me. I'm 5'3". My first year, I bought a 1998 Honda VLX. I could flat foot it, get it off the ground myself if it was down, and zipped all over on it. My only complaints were that it seemed the have a fairly high center of gravity, and the tank and high end torque weren't enough to keep up with my husband on his 2000 Vstar 650. We had to stop more often because of my smaller tank, and if he accelerates going up a hill, I'm left in the dust. I looked around my second year and found a bike online in my price range I loved the look of. I was expecting a 750, but got there and found an 1100 Aero. It was lowered. Still a little tall, but I thought it'd be okay. Price was right, so I bought it. What I didn't realize was that the weight made it incredibly difficult for me to hold at a stop sign on a hill (required to get to my house). Worse, it's really hard to turn on hills, (again, required). When you turn at a low speed it wobbles, and you have to think and line it up really far ahead to get it to go where you want. I guess it's the longer wheel base? Husband feels the same way.
At this point, I don't feel safe and would like to sell it. The question is, what do I get? I've sat on an Ace and loved the feel, but I've heard they're a lot like the Aero. I'm concerned when I get it home, the same issues will arise. For those who've ridden them- how do the 750 Aeros compare to the 1100s? What about the Ace? Would the Spirit be better? Or do I just go back to the vlx and deal with the small tank?