Rubiadiabla
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2014 CTX 1300,2012 Ninja 650

Winter is Coming

#1 Unread post by Rubiadiabla »

This morning our alarm sounded, a couple repeats of the snooze button and it was officially time to get up. We directed our attention to the Alexa device on our dresser and asked the standard question, Alexa, what’s the weather today? She stated, ‘Currently, it’s 42 degrees. Today you can expect a high of 54 and lots of sun.’ We got up and started getting around for the day, excited like Alexa just told us we could expect a tropical heat wave out there. A coffee thermos in each backpack, Eric (Jackofthegreen) in a wool hat and balaclava under his helmet, me in a knit cowl swapping out my Kevlar jacket for a leather one to break the wind and we were off to work on the bikes like it’s still summertime. I rode past our teenage son standing at the school bus, he put his hood up and ignored me like he always does, chatting with his friends, lol. When I start driving no doubt he’ll want me to drive him to the stop instead of being embarrassed by mom, lol. Ninja’s are cooler than minivans though right? Then I pressed the button on my SCS Bluetooth helmet communicator and asked my phone to initiate my White Zombie station on Pandora, rode to work with my tunes then answered the daily questions by my coworkers in the elevator, inquiring about how many more days of riding I think I’ll get in before the cold stops me. I’m gonna miss this. Here’s to more fall before winter comes. What are your cold weather riding routines? What’s the temp in your neck of the woods and what do you plan to do if your bike is garaged all winter?
<3 Rubia
'Well behaved women seldom make history.' -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich