totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Logging in/out issues - Working on it

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Is anyone (other than myself) having logging in/out issues?

Yesterday, I installed CloudFlare (a CDN caching program) to the site, unfortunately while CloudFlare is very awesome at making the site faster for everyone it may have a side effect of changing your unique IP Identifier number on phpBB.

How?

Cloudflare hosts pages on different servers around the world to make Total Motorcycle load faster for you where you are so you do not have to go to the main server (which maybe around the world for you). Because of this, you may get a page from different servers and thus, your unique IP ID won't match when you logout. There is a fix for this and I've asked our awesome host www.idleserv.net to see if they can install it.

But for now, are you having logging in/out issues?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Logging in/out issues - Working on it

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I have narrowed it down to CloudFlare caching app that was adding unique ID's to user's URL's when they viewed each page. If the ID's didn't match, it caused the login/out issue.

I've removed CloudFlare for now and there are two workarounds in progress.

Let me know if you can login/out, post, etc

Thank you,

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Mike,

Seems to be working for me now, going to try from my other PC in a moment...

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

On Wednesday night the site prompted me for a user ID/password, just a few minutes after I had logged in. Same browser session, etc, I hadn't intentionally logged out.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

Bloody hell Mike.......what the fudge did you do to the system.........this is the first time I was able to successfully log in in almost two weeks.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:14 am Bloody hell Mike.......what the fudge did you do to the system.........this is the first time I was able to successfully log in in almost two weeks.
OMG, really? DOH. I'm very, very sorry about that.

Well, I've been trying to update the site and the forums to the very latest in standards. I changed a setting on Friday that was causing an issue with new registration maybe it was also affecting you too?

Super glad to hear you can login again... :)

Don't forget, I have a contact me page: https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/contactus that if you EVER need to get hold of me outside of the forums, use that one. :)

Mike