Does anyone moto-camp?

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

Does anyone moto-camp?

#1 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Just curious. It seems to be an adventure rider and BMW thing mostly. When I first started riding, our local BMW club had an annual early June rally at the not to distant YMCA camp. That's how we were introduced to motocamping. We camped as a family so it wasn't that far a stretch. But, since that we've travelled all around up and down the eastern US with sleeping bags and tent on board. Its a great way to explore that isn't hard on the budget.

We're looking forward to the BMWMOA rally this coming June in Tennessee.
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: Does anyone moto-camp?

#2 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Carrie and I have camped on the bikes a few times! We don't ride out to the backcountry to do it or anything, we just stay at developed sites in the numerous recreational areas here in Utah and Idaho. But it's always an excellent time!
Carrie wrote a recent article about this exact topic in fact!
https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/gear-ta ... -2-wheels/

We have a super small two man pup tent and some foam bedrolls, sleeping bags and really small folding tripod chairs. Just a TON of fun. What are your best tricks?

Different Spokes TV
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NTX

#3 Unread post by Different Spokes TV »

I hope to do some camping this summer on my Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Definitely going to Algonquin Park in Ontario, Canada and am hoping to make it out to Vermont and maybe even New Hampshire to hike the Presidential Range.

JessicaD
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: I have 1 Dura Ace, 1 Ultegra

#4 Unread post by JessicaD »

I adore camping. I am a teacher and I'm off during the summer. One of the things I am considering taking a cross country tour in the next 2-3 years, after some experience. In the meantime, I'm thinking about some weekend (first) and week long (later) camping trips, possibly starting with a short trip sometime this summer, so I'm observing some . Keep you posted on my experience soon!

DneprM750
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1978(?)/Dnepr/MT-9

#5 Unread post by DneprM750 »

I've camped with my bikes a couple times, both with my Dnepr and with my CB250. Of course, the amount of "freight" and comfort are different when you just have a backpack and pouches on the sides of your bike or when you stuff a huge bergen rucksack in the side car as if it were a passenger, but they're different experiences for different feelings (and seasons... you don't bring as many warm clothes when the temperatures don't fall under 25 Celsius even in the middle of the night)