Nice rain gear?

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

Nice rain gear?

#1 Unread post by earwig »

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with rain gear or where I can purchase some? I normally ride to work every day EXCEPT if it is supposed to rain or if it looks too cloudy. Now with gas prices through the room I'm thinking I should get some rain gear and just deal with it. I almost puked when it cost me $45 to fill up my vehicle with regular gas.

sidecarguy
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by sidecarguy »

well i have several!

i rubber vest for a drizzle,

and an australian type of trench coat!

both i can get in and out in a jiffy!

btw the coat has straps for the legs so

it doesnt fly wildly in the wind! :D
jean b.
jawa350 w/sidecar
suzuki rv90
yamaha xj650 seca

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

Luckily I haven't had that problem, I get free rain gear from my employer, Gortex to boot. It doesn't hold up to the long ride that well, but anywhere from a local compute to a 300km jaunt in the rain it's ok.

I would seriously look at a set of armored gear with a waterproof liner. Joe Rocket has an excellant line called, "Alter Ego." It's got armor, A zip out waterproof liner, zip out panels to reveal Kevlar mesh for great summer riding comfort.

http://tinyurl.com/37g23
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sidecarguy
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by sidecarguy »

also i carry a spare change of clothes in the sidecar

complete with ninja boots n'all! :ninja:
jean b.
jawa350 w/sidecar
suzuki rv90
yamaha xj650 seca

bigswifty
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by bigswifty »

i have an alter ego jacket....the outside is not waterproof, you have to use the liner for that. It does a fair job of keeping you dry, but when you get home you hafta strip the jacket and dry the outside part. no biggie i guess.

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#6 Unread post by Wizzard »

Treat your leathers with mink oil and they will work just fine . That's what I do with my chaps and jacket . That's for winter time .
Regards, Wizzard
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

DustyJacket
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#7 Unread post by DustyJacket »

bigswifty wrote:i have an alter ego jacket....the outside is not waterproof, you have to use the liner for that. It does a fair job of keeping you dry, but when you get home you hafta strip the jacket and dry the outside part. no biggie i guess.
That is what I have. It is very waterproof, but when the rain stops you have a wet jacket and pants.

I got caught pretty far from an underpass and didn't want to undress in the rain. So I got a tad wet.

Bought a rainsuit today.

now I have choices.

Whatever you do, get something with heat resistant panels inside the legs so it doesn't melt when touching your pipes.
Bikers Against Child Abuse - Kansas City Chapter
www.bacainternational.org

Bill and Pete do the Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap:
www.dustyjacket.com/dragon/index.html

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

You can always get a nice set online... :laughing:

It even comes with a matching umbrella...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

dreambike05
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by dreambike05 »

There's an appropriate set of motorcycle apparel for rainy days. Motorcycle-specific rain gears, unlike normal rain gears have straps on the bottom of its pant legs. These straps prevent the pants from riding up your legs in the windblast. It also has tight closures at the neck, wrists and ankles. In choosing, brightly colored ones is ideal in order to ensure maximum visibility especially if you suddenly get under a strong downpour which lessens visibility.

Whether it be one-piece or two-piece type, it should be a bit larget to fit over your safety gear and still allow free movement. Make sure that it is compact and easy to pack up.
:wink:
[url=http://www.motorcyclepartstrade.com]Motorcycle apparel[/url] gave me GrEaT dRiVinG AdVenTuREs!

Grunt
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by Grunt »

The lady bug rain coat made me spit some coffee!! :LOL2:
"There are those who softly tiptoe through life thinking they might arrive at death's door safely"
~Anonymous

Suzuki SV650