What's the Best Motorcycle Earplugs - I Need One!

AntonioMartha
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010 Yamaha FZ6 S2

What's the Best Motorcycle Earplugs - I Need One!

#1 Unread post by AntonioMartha »

I've been scouring the internet for the best motorcycle earplugs/hearing protection over the weekend and I'm still not decided on what to buy. I was diagnosed with hyperacusis and tinnitus last month. The doctor said it's not necessarily because of the noise from my pipes but because of the wind noise that slaps my face even while wearing a helmet. I'm not a fan of full face helmets that's why I use a classic open face one. I really need to get the BEST one for me so I'd be open for recommendations and suggestions.

I hope you could help me with this one.

Thanks in advance!

AntonioMartha
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2010 Yamaha FZ6 S2

Re: What's the Best Motorcycle Earplugs - I Need One!

#2 Unread post by AntonioMartha »

Any one from South Carolina tried this brand? https://www.bigearinc.com/wear-ear-plugs/ Here's one video showing their filtered earplugs for motorcycle riders https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeMNnjPBsjU&t=18s

Would love to know if they have good products suppose anyone here tried one.

brajon
Veteran
Veteran
My Motorcycle: Honda

#3 Unread post by brajon »

I use Hearos. They are fluffy and comfortable.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#4 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

AntonioMartha wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:14 pm I've been scouring the internet for the best motorcycle earplugs/hearing protection over the weekend and I'm still not decided on what to buy. I was diagnosed with hyperacusis and tinnitus last month. The doctor said it's not necessarily because of the noise from my pipes but because of the wind noise that slaps my face even while wearing a helmet. I'm not a fan of full face helmets that's why I use a classic open face one. I really need to get the BEST one for me so I'd be open for recommendations and suggestions.

I hope you could help me with this one.

Thanks in advance!
Antonio, a couple of years ago we reviewed the EarPeace "M" Earplugs and liked them a lot. You can read the full review here:
EarPeace "M" Earplugs

We still have ours and still use them for any ride longer than a couple of minutes.