Inspiration Friday: BMWs Biggest Engine Ever!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Inspiration Friday: BMWs Biggest Engine Ever!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just had to have some fun on this one. Godzilla!!

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/friday- ... gine-ever/

Go Big or Go Home they say. BMW engineers just created a monster engine, in fact it is BMW’s biggest Engine ever! BMW didn’t want just a large engine, they wanted a huge boxer engine, one that would thunder down the road and the “Big Boxer” was forged. Each cylinder is over 900cc in size and the engine is so big they had to split it in two, vertically, to create it! Now they are mounting it into their first cruiser the 2020 BMW R18/2 since the BMW R1200C in 2004, over 16 years ago. Goes to show what you can do when you are inspired and put your passion into it. Want to read more about this incredible achievement?

Check out the 2020 BMW Big Boxer 1800 Guide today. https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/friday- ... gine-ever/

Enjoy!
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

Re: Inspiration Friday: BMWs Biggest Engine Ever!

#2 Unread post by ZooTech »

Timing is curious...Harley sales are down, Kawasaki discontinued the Nomad and Classic, the only classic cruisers Honda still sells are 750cc Shadows...Would have been great to have this big Beemer around at the height of the power cruiser craze - I think the engine is gorgeous, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their marketing department...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Inspiration Friday: BMWs Biggest Engine Ever!

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZooTech wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:17 pm Timing is curious...Harley sales are down, Kawasaki discontinued the Nomad and Classic, the only classic cruisers Honda still sells are 750cc Shadows...Would have been great to have this big Beemer around at the height of the power cruiser craze - I think the engine is gorgeous, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their marketing department...
I absolutely agree. I honestly am flabbergasted that we are were we are today with Cruisers, I never thought that Cruiser's might go away for the majority of manufacturers, even touring bikes are in trouble. Sportbikes are unfortunately the next in line I'm seeing as well as their model choices are getting less and less and technological development in them has slowed vs what it was even 10 years ago. You might start to see electric bikes gain traction and interest younger riders.

Today, you might guess if you want a adventure bike, standard retro or dual sport/off-road you are still in luck.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.