Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Spotlight: 10 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Stories

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Spotlight: 10 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Stories

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/spotlig ... y-stories/

Maybe it is just me but I have wondered, why isn’t the general media talking to or sharing stories from those who have had COVID-19 and survived it? Wouldn’t that help us all to understand better what to expect? Instead, the media has led with sensationalized, fear-based stories to grab your attention. For Inspiration Friday on Total Motorcycle, I am going to do the opposite to the general media and instead share with you 10 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Stories to inspire, inform and reassure you. I will also include WHO facts and Government information to give you a more well-rounded picture, instead of sowing the seeds of panic and concern over the unknown.

Let’s look a stories of survivors. How were you feeling? Did it get worse before better? How long did you have it? How did you recover? What helped you? Today, I cover these topics with inspirational stories from 10 survivors that I found helpful. I want to thank the different media outlets for posting and sharing them to their readers (Government of Canada, Mirror UK, Business Recorder, Glamour and World Health Organisation (WHO)).

I have tried to avoid posting Coronavirus news as there is so much fear and uncertainty out there but I wanted more solid information to come out rather than concern and uncertainty. COVID-19 has affected so many people in our industry and our industry itself. Many events have been canceled or postponed, companies are and will be adversely affected, employees and their families are worried, even websites like Total Motorcycle have had large traffic hits as people focus on their health and sifting through the piles of news.

I want to be firm and say, this is all temporary, we will all get better, this will pass and life will go back to normal once again. We did this with SARS and MERS, even EBOLA (a much worse virus) and we will do this as well with COVID-19 too. Humans are resistant and our best qualities, like those of co-operation and caring for each other, will help us to win this war.

Thank you for visiting and supporting Total Motorcycle. I, my family and my staff appreciate your support in these tough times.

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/spotlig ... y-stories/
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

Re: Spotlight: 10 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Stories

#2 Unread post by ZooTech »

The seriousness of this so-called pandemic is fake, but the societal consequences will be very real...

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#3 Unread post by jstark47 »

I think the pandemic is serious enough, but I also think that the economic consequences of this shutdown will be far more devastating. As of this morning, 14K infections recorded in the USA (out of a population of 327 million), but 2.25 million new unemployment applications this week alone. One of my retirement accounts lost 1/3 of it's value in the last 6 weeks. And the number of people, and small businesses, that now have no income and are somehow expected to survive is staggering.

Anyway, I digress....

To TotalMike's question, this morning CNN did do an interview with a guy, I believe he's in Georgia, who got pretty sick with coronavirus, was hospitalized, and now is recovered and discharged.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:42 am COVID-19 has affected so many people in our industry and our industry itself. Many events have been canceled or postponed, companies are and will be adversely affected, employees and their families are worried, even websites like Total Motorcycle have had large traffic hits as people focus on their health and sifting through the piles of news.
By the way, one of my sidelines is as a performing musician. You think the motorcycle industry is hit hard? There are NO gigs out there, and many folks in the performing arts are self-employed.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZooTech wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:07 am ...the societal consequences will be very real...
Very real indeed. I personally hope that the cure isn't worse than the virus. The longer it goes on, the more shaky the foundation gets to rebuild on as I'm seeing many different companies across various sectors worried about their survival let alone bringing everyone back to work right away. That said, I'm hopeful for a quicker than expected recovery as if you believe the numbers out of China, they stopped it in just 2 months, and South Korea has now "flattened the curve" in just 5 weeks, Europe is a week ahead of North America and North America is ahead of South America and Africa.

Society may come out of this even better in some ways such as being more social, nicer to another and less divisiveness.

jstark47 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:37 pm I think the pandemic is serious enough, but I also think that the economic consequences of this shutdown will be far more devastating. As of this morning, 14K infections recorded in the USA (out of a population of 327 million), but 2.25 million new unemployment applications this week alone. One of my retirement accounts lost 1/3 of it's value in the last 6 weeks. And the number of people, and small businesses, that now have no income and are somehow expected to survive is staggering.

To TotalMike's question, this morning CNN did do an interview with a guy, I believe he's in Georgia, who got pretty sick with coronavirus, was hospitalized, and now is recovered and discharged.

By the way, one of my sidelines is as a performing musician. You think the motorcycle industry is hit hard? There are NO gigs out there, and many folks in the performing arts are self-employed.
Infections honestly is horrible but it is the deaths that are tragic. The question again is how many will get it and pass on? I read in 85% of the cases COVID-19 is mild and you may not even know you have it, so I guess anywhere between "I had a baby at Wal-Mart and didn't know I was pregnant" to "a flu/cold". Remember the "infections" number is accumulative, it doesn't go down (it is a total number), and thus does not include "recoveries" in it.

Small businesses are going to be hurt indeed, again, we need this over sooner than later to the "economic health" of everyone.

Great to hear CNN did that, that is the type of reporting we need.

The "Gig" economy... that is rough, again, hopefully things go back to normal again soon. Canada had 500,000 unemployment apps last week (x10 to compare it vs the USA for population). Alberta has been in a bad recession now for 5 years, so that providence will really hurt now sadly. :(

Like you, my own retirement accounts lost a chunk, I'm more conservative so mine is down ~22% in total. Sucks! But I do teach Financial Literacy so I'm in my risk tolerance zone and volunteer to help others each month (like Total Motorcycle my drive in life is helping others).

Keep Healthy! Help others and enjoy the sunshine and small good things in life. :sunshine: :sunshine:

P.S. If we use more smilies, posts will look happier as well.
posting.php?mode=smilies&f=2

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

haders
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: harley-davidson iron 883

#6 Unread post by haders »

I am pretty scared of Covid, I have to say... Some of my relatives are infected, and they feel pretty bad. It is also very sad what is going on in the world. Do you think that taking some vitamins or supplements can help you improve your immune system and resist the virus?
Last edited by haders on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyzhenry
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Suzuki DR 200

#7 Unread post by hyzhenry »

haders wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:32 am I am pretty scared of Covid, I have to say... Some of my relatives are infected, and they feel pretty bad. It is also very sad what is going on in the world
That's terrible. No one close to me have been infected thankfully, and hoping it stays this way. I think the world is pretty much waiting for a vaccine to get over this pandemic.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My friend's sister was in hospital on a ventilator, near death, because of Covid. It took quite a while, but gradually pulled through. Aside from the agony of being sick, the cost to the medical system is astronomical.

hyzhenry
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Suzuki DR 200

#9 Unread post by hyzhenry »

blues2cruise wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:33 am My friend's sister was in hospital on a ventilator, near death, because of Covid. It took quite a while, but gradually pulled through. Aside from the agony of being sick, the cost to the medical system is astronomical.
Yeah. That's why some countries are asking for a $50,000 security bond if you wish to travel now. They are afraid of you having covid, or maybe catching it somehow and then having to depend on their country's medical system. Only the rich can be traveling now.

Miles_Ha11
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2016 Ducati Supersport

#10 Unread post by Miles_Ha11 »

I still don't go out that much since it started. I wear a mask and bring my hand sanitizer. All my travel adventures this year has been canceled. Leaving a healthy lifestyle is necessary nowadays. Also, I haven't seen my brother for months he is working as a nurse and he doesn't want to go home since my granny and grandpa move in.