totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Forums are Back up and Running & What happened

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

On Saturday night (May 2nd) our Server had Resource Issues unfortunately. Our Community Forums were having some issues appearing both visually and in the background code.

On Sunday morning I noticed the issue (I was sleeping when the issue occurred) and alerted my host about it. All Sunday my host (Idleserv.net) and I worked on the issues, but it appeared not to come from either me, nor my host, but from our 3rd party host (Ezoic, the ones that server our ads and our CDN network). It was a CDN issue causing the URL's to not be found. The issue was also causing the website to give 508 (out of resource) errors.

On Monday morning my host worked on the 508 error and we ended up fixing the broken pages on the main site in the morning and the forums around 1pm were back to normal. We still have some 508 resource issues but we are working on that now. If you do get a 508 error, just hit F5 (refresh) to reload the page and it will try to load again.

I have been posting on our Twitter and Facebook pages as I couldn't post in the forums. I will always post in these 2 socials, plus in the forums to let you all know what is happening. DO let me know if you see an issue on the site and you don't think I know about it, please. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused while we worked on the issues.

https://twitter.com/TotalMotorcycle/sta ... 6036887552

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Forums are Back up and Running & What happened

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Everything is working great and has been tested. In fact, our host (http://idleserv.net) also tweaked our site to load even faster for our visitors! Thank you to Chris @ Idleserv.

If you need hosting, I would supremely recommend Idleserv, we have been with them for over 18 years now (how is that for loyalty!) and they are always delivered awesome support. :)

If you would like to support us as well, here is our affiliate link:

https://client.idleserv.net/aff.php?aff=2

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#3 Unread post by pchast »

Thanks Mike.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Darn it, the template broke on the main site. On it and fixing it as soon as possible. Argh. Technology... :(

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Site should be working just fine now (knock on wood).