Gas prices and Hummers

Wizzard
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#61 Unread post by Wizzard »

Well here's another thread that I managed to avoid until now . I don't know about where y'all live but around here it is the owners of Hummers, Escalades , and Navigators that think that by virtue of what they own and drive that they have the right to talk on their cells , switch lanes with out signaling and with total disregard for anyone one else , not only on two wheels , but other cagers as well . As if they own the roads and Avenues.
And believe me ,this community has spawned the most folks with the "Me First" syndrome that I have ever seen and I have lived up and down this state in my life time .
They are the rudest and generally the most unsafe drivers around and when they park in public parking places like the mall , etc. they mostly take up at least two spaces for fear of getting door damage .
I am certainly not envious of them because my idea of a cage is a two seater sports model .
Yeah , I like my Camaro , most of the time , my back seat is down and it is a two seater which I treat like a truck.......... :laughing:
But when I get me another cage it will certainly be some type of two seater . Unless of course I find me a nice old split window VW Bus .
Kind regards, Wizzard :wink:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!! ' " - Author Unknown

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#62 Unread post by ZooTech »

cb360 wrote:Zootech
Sorry, I don't buy it. If you're of the opinion that the earth is millions of years old maybe you buy into all that nonsense, but I for one do not.
Aw, man. Please don't tell me you think the earth is only a few thousand years old.
Indeed I do.

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#63 Unread post by iwannadie »

Sorry, I don't buy it. If you're of the opinion that the earth is millions of years old maybe you buy into all that nonsense, but I for one do not.
Aw, man. Please don't tell me you think the earth is only a few thousand years old.
of course it is, also theres no such thing as dinosaurs because the bible doesnt mention them. all modern science with soil and carbon dating should be thrown right out the window and we should all revert back to burning people that use technology.

after all the earth is a few thousand years old and the center of the universe theres no thing outside out atmosphere except false temptations.
03 katana 600

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#64 Unread post by ZooTech »

iwannadie wrote:
of course it is, also theres no such thing as dinosaurs because the bible doesnt mention them. all modern science with soil and carbon dating should be thrown right out the window and we should all revert back to burning people that use technology.

after all the earth is a few thousand years old and the center of the universe theres no thing outside out atmosphere except false temptations.
Gee, you sure do make a strong argument... :roll:

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#65 Unread post by ZooTech »

<double post>

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#66 Unread post by iwannadie »

ZooTech wrote:
iwannadie wrote:

Gee, you sure do make a strong argument... :roll:
i wasnt trying to make an argument, there would be no point in it. youd never see things other than your way right. so why waste my time going back and forth for 10 pages. so i was just being sarcastic laughing how people can actually live in this day and age thinking the earth is a few thousand years old.
03 katana 600

Aquaduct
Elite
Elite

#67 Unread post by Aquaduct »

Well, I'm kind of tired of gas prices. The station at the corner was $3.50 yesterday. I see they're down to $3.20 today. It'll be tough to make up for lost capacity and it will take a while to get it all sorted, but I'm figuring we will be back down to $2.70 by the end of the month. They were at about $2.40 here before the storm. Not much of a problem.

But hearing all the whining and stuff, I'm thinking of trying to start some investigations into other things that are more expensive than I want them to be. Particularly stuff I don't know anything about; kinda takes the fun out of it if I actually know the business. I'm an automotive engineer so that rules out anything to do with vehicles, although I do have a burr under my saddle that the folks at Hinckley won't send me a Sprint ST as a goodwill gesture. And since there's a sizeable UK contigent here, let Tony Blair know that I need a Mini-Cooper, the turbocharged convertible one, and I've got a '91 Toyota Corrolla to trade. Sounds fair to me. And don't try to give me any garbage about the Germans being in charge over there. Seriously, don't make me come over there.

I'll start with guitars. I really want a Benedetto Fratello, dang it. The things are $17K. There can't be more than $500 worth of wood in there. I'll allow a fair margin for Bob's time, but not too much since it's all the Guild factory guys now. I'll give him a grand. That should be fair. Rat bastid better stop gouging me or I'll have Congressmen asking him stupid questions in no time. That'll teach him.

And liquor. A fifth of Glenmorangie costs me like $45. There can't be more than $3 worth of water and whatever in there. And how much work is it to sit around and watch those kegs for 12 years? Granted, it's tasty. I'll allow $10. Otherwise we should look into those dang Europeans that get me hooked on things and then charge me too much for them.

And what's up with Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Same ingredients as Blue Bunny but half the package size and twice the price. Those pseudo-liberals are just hardcore capitalist scum. I've eaten enough Cherry Garcia that they owe me a refund big time.

This is fun. Give me a little time. I'll find some more.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#68 Unread post by ZooTech »

iwannadie wrote:i was just being sarcastic laughing how people can actually live in this day and age thinking the earth is a few thousand years old.
Well, you can just keep stretching out the estimated age of the earth in order to support your theories regarding our origin while I observe the facts and evidence all around me that support my beliefs. And, while you're at it, keep pumping out sarcasm as the main support for your viewpoint. God knows it's working magic opening my eyes... :roll:

mothman
Rookie
Rookie

#69 Unread post by mothman »

Wow, I never seen a meanstreak back pedal then give up completely. Most of us are still open to learning. I guess a few of us are great americans. once again I really only wanted to give my point of view. We could all settle down and spend some good energy finding a balance. I'm sorry I struck a nerve Zootech, I bet we could both drink beer the same way and could most likely give each other a few pointers on a pool game.
But please don't just give in to the banter. I you really do find yourself in the right please speak up. I'm glad you have the gears to challenge me. Peace to all of ya, and have fun on those bikes after all we all do have something in common, right? David

iwannadie
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#70 Unread post by iwannadie »

Aquaduct wrote:Well, I'm kind of tired of gas prices. The station at the corner was $3.50 yesterday. I see they're down to $3.20 today. It'll be tough to make up for lost capacity and it will take a while to get it all sorted, but I'm figuring we will be back down to $2.70 by the end of the month. They were at about $2.40 here before the storm. Not much of a problem.

But hearing all the whining and stuff, I'm thinking of trying to start some investigations into other things that are more expensive than I want them to be. Particularly stuff I don't know anything about; kinda takes the fun out of it if I actually know the business. I'm an automotive engineer so that rules out anything to do with vehicles, although I do have a burr under my saddle that the folks at Hinckley won't send me a Sprint ST as a goodwill gesture. And since there's a sizeable UK contigent here, let Tony Blair know that I need a Mini-Cooper, the turbocharged convertible one, and I've got a '91 Toyota Corrolla to trade. Sounds fair to me. And don't try to give me any garbage about the Germans being in charge over there. Seriously, don't make me come over there.

I'll start with guitars. I really want a Benedetto Fratello, dang it. The things are $17K. There can't be more than $500 worth of wood in there. I'll allow a fair margin for Bob's time, but not too much since it's all the Guild factory guys now. I'll give him a grand. That should be fair. Rat bastid better stop gouging me or I'll have Congressmen asking him stupid questions in no time. That'll teach him.

And liquor. A fifth of Glenmorangie costs me like $45. There can't be more than $3 worth of water and whatever in there. And how much work is it to sit around and watch those kegs for 12 years? Granted, it's tasty. I'll allow $10. Otherwise we should look into those dang Europeans that get me hooked on things and then charge me too much for them.

And what's up with Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Same ingredients as Blue Bunny but half the package size and twice the price. Those pseudo-liberals are just hardcore capitalist scum. I've eaten enough Cherry Garcia that they owe me a refund big time.

This is fun. Give me a little time. I'll find some more.
haha i agree totally.

what about DVDs the blank discs cost pennies and they want 20 bucks per movie. the movie already made enough money at the theater they dont need more from dvds.

i personally hate when you buy something lets say a blender. and then go to replace the blades after a while. the stupid blades cost a fortune! 20$ for some new blades for my blender, the blender itself only cost 50. i might as well spend double the money and get a brand new blender rather than replacing a small piece of metal that costs them pennies to make.

same with shaving razors, the blades to refill cost more than the initial purcahse. talk about getting you hooked into something then robbing you for the 'privilege' of using it.

but noone is going to congress about this stuff? its the same as gas. we need it so they charge as much as they want.
03 katana 600