shiftynobody
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2001 Suzuki tl1000r

Opinions on selling a low milage bike

#1 Unread post by shiftynobody »

I have 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250 that has less than 1000 miles on it. Is it worth trying to get a premium out of it or should I just sell it for what I can get?

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

Re: Opinions on selling a low milage bike

#2 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Problem with that is low milage doesn’t always equate with good condition. Old hoses and tires and wire sheathing can be an issue. You’re also selling at a bit of a poor time (end of season, assuming you’re in the northern hemisphere) but if it runs good, clean and there’s a buyer you should be able to sell a 250 quick enough. The exciter is a great beginner bike.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

CorwinRT
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2008 CBR650

#3 Unread post by CorwinRT »

It would be cool if you share some photos of that bike.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#4 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I sold one not long ago myself. Very good bikes.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Emmerich22
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2016/Hero/Splendor

#5 Unread post by Emmerich22 »

A very awesome blog post.

SamEdward
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012 BMW F650

#6 Unread post by SamEdward »

As its 2023, so might be someone other would be talking about selling it if you sold it out then :D

Davidkyler
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: suzuki

#7 Unread post by Davidkyler »

shiftynobody wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:11 am I have 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250 that has less than 1000 miles on it. Is it worth trying to get a premium out of it or should I just sell it for what I can get?
Based on the limited information provided, it may be worth trying to get a premium price for your 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250, given its low mileage. However, the actual value of the motorcycle will depend on several factors such as the overall condition, any modifications, and the demand for this specific model.

To determine a fair price, you could research the current market value of similar motorcycles, consider getting a professional appraisal, and take into account any sentimental value you may have for the bike. Ultimately, the decision to try and get a premium price or sell it for what you can get will depend on your priorities and willingness to invest time and effort into the selling process.

RIYA55
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: duke

#8 Unread post by RIYA55 »

I have 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250 that has less than 1000 miles on it. Is it worth trying to get a premium out of it or should I just sell it for what I can get?

Mabeljames
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: Yamaha

#9 Unread post by Mabeljames »

Davidkyler wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:31 pm
shiftynobody wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:11 am I have 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250 that has less than 1000 miles on it. Is it worth trying to get a premium out of it or should I just sell it for what I can get?
Based on the limited information provided, it may be worth trying to get a premium price for your 1981 Yamaha Exciter 250, given its low mileage. However, the actual value of the motorcycle will depend on several factors such as the overall condition, any modifications, and the demand for this specific model.

To determine a fair price, you could research the current market value of similar motorcycles, consider getting a professional appraisal, and take into account any sentimental value you may have for the bike. Ultimately, the decision to try and get a premium price or sell it for what you can get will depend on your priorities and willingness to invest time and effort into the selling process.
I agree with you. Thanks for the help.