ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#21 Unread post by ZooTech »

*UPDATE*

Here are some pics of the ride Loonette and I took yesterday (6/20/'06) to the Triple-Nickel and elsewhere:

CentralOzzy
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: Yamaha XJR-1300/Harley-Davidson Roadking

#22 Unread post by CentralOzzy »

Look Great!! 8)

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

I wish we had more intresting roads like that around here. Hope you guys had a good time.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#24 Unread post by ZooTech »

Sweet Tooth wrote:Hope you guys had a good time.
About 400 miles worth! 8)

It was my second trip to the 555 and, all I have to say is, that road is downright treacherous!. Steep hills concealing blind, peg-scraping turns covered in loose gravel always make the day more interesting!

Loonette
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#25 Unread post by Loonette »

Woo-hoo - 400 miles baby!! It was quite a blast. I have to say, it was my sloppiest riding ever. I must have locked up my rear brake a 1/2 dozen times. The blind hills were the scariest part for me. ZooTech is quite masterful on those sorts of roads - VERY IMPRESSIVE RIDING on his part. The only reason he was able to get a photo of me riding was because he had enough time to stop and wait around for me to catch up! Taking that route has really inspired me to brush up on my skills. We just don't have those sorts of roads very close to home. It took us about two hours just to get to that route.

We also managed to get in some high-energy, rush-hour traffic riding both on the highway and in the city. Always good practice!!

The most bizarre part of the ride - seeing ZooTech with a protective jacket on as well as a helmet... :wink:

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by KarateChick »

Glad you dug up the Sept pics (think I missed them the first time) - that looked like a lot of fun.

The ride the other day sounds like/looks like you had a great time! :D
Loonette wrote:... The most bizarre part of the ride - seeing ZooTech with a protective jacket on as well as a helmet... :wink: ...
What?? No pictures of that event?? :laughing:
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Loonette
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006/Kawasaki/Mean Streak/best bike ever

#27 Unread post by Loonette »

KarateChick wrote:
Loonette wrote:... The most bizarre part of the ride - seeing ZooTech with a protective jacket on as well as a helmet... :wink: ...
What?? No pictures of that event?? :laughing:
I KNOW!! My husband ("ScanEvalExec") was out of town with the kids and the camera. I had thought about taking my SLR along, but really - it's so big and would have been a bit of a hassle to unload for photo-ops. I will, however, attempt to get a shot of this anomaly in the future.

Cheers,
Loonette
FIRST RESPONDERS DO IT WITH LIGHTS AND SIRENS!! :smoke:
Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet...

2006 Mean Streak 1600

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#28 Unread post by t_bonee »

Just getting a picture of the elusive Zootech in general is a challenge. I have one such picture. but it is low quality and fuzzy. It's thought not to be authentic by photo experts. I try to tell them thats what happens with cellphone cameras, but they still don't believe.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#29 Unread post by zarakand »

Wow does that road look great. There's nothing the least bit like it around here. I just mapquested it 434 miles from home to there. Hmm, it sounding like a real possibility in August when I have a week off.
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

#30 Unread post by KingRobb »

zarakand wrote:Wow does that road look great. There's nothing the least bit like it around here. I just mapquested it 434 miles from home to there. Hmm, it sounding like a real possibility in August when I have a week off.
While not quite that level there are sure to be some decent roads in southern illinois....46 and 45 across southern indiana are a lot of fun...and southern ill is pretty similar in terrain.

After getting back from running the dragon, 28, the blue ridge parkway and half of kentucky i am growing most envious of mountainous places
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke