Women like motorcycles.

macktruckturner
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#51 Unread post by macktruckturner »

oh yes, when I was home - the motorcycle did all kinds of attracting. Particularly the one ride I took in my DCUs (desert combat uniform) immediately upon getting home - I hadn't changed yet. As for the shaving thing, I have to do it every day, sometimes twice a day depending on what my duties look like out here. Sucks very much. When I was home, I was obviously clean shaven for the first day, and I went to do what every man that's spent 8 months in Iraq goes to do - buy beer. I'm 22, so fine, ask for my ID not a problem (they never did when I was 18.. but who cares). My Military ID is by far the easiest to access, so I use it - not acceptable apparently. Still no big deal, I use my Texas Concealed Handgun License - State ID that you can only get if you're 21+!!! They took that, after I explained I didn't have my photo driver's license as they cut it up when they gave me my paper motorcycle license. That happened twice, so I didn't shave for a day, and ran w/ the goatee thing. No more getting carded. Splendid.

Even my friend Isabel - who begged me not to buy a bike b/c they're dangerous, decided she liked it when I rode to visit her :) (she liked the goatee too).

In short, motorcycle rule. But we wouldn't be at this site if we didn't know that already, would we?

Awox
Regular
Regular

#52 Unread post by Awox »

Heh. I'm going back to high school next year with my motorcycle, will be an interesting experiment.

sidecarguy
Elite
Elite

#53 Unread post by sidecarguy »

how'd this turn into shaving i dunno!

i havent shaved in like 7 or 8 years!! :frusty:

and its great when its hot the sweat cools down the beard,

much like a radiator, and when its cold it keeps u warm!

plus imagine how much i have saved in shaving utensils!

also saved a couple of pints of blood from scratches and nicks!
jean b.
jawa350 w/sidecar
suzuki rv90
yamaha xj650 seca

peterman
Elite
Elite

#54 Unread post by peterman »

I don't know how this turned into shaving but I must say there really is nothing like a good close shave. I don't use the disposable razors though.

I use one of these:

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#55 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

macktruckturner wrote:oh yes, when I was home - the motorcycle did all kinds of attracting. Particularly the one ride I took in my DCUs (desert combat uniform) immediately upon getting home - I hadn't changed yet. As for the shaving thing, I have to do it every day, sometimes twice a day depending on what my duties look like out here. Sucks very much. When I was home, I was obviously clean shaven for the first day, and I went to do what every man that's spent 8 months in Iraq goes to do - buy beer. I'm 22, so fine, ask for my ID not a problem (they never did when I was 18.. but who cares). My Military ID is by far the easiest to access, so I use it - not acceptable apparently. Still no big deal, I use my Texas Concealed Handgun License - State ID that you can only get if you're 21+!!! They took that, after I explained I didn't have my photo driver's license as they cut it up when they gave me my paper motorcycle license. That happened twice, so I didn't shave for a day, and ran w/ the goatee thing. No more getting carded. Splendid.

Even my friend Isabel - who begged me not to buy a bike b/c they're dangerous, decided she liked it when I rode to visit her :) (she liked the goatee too).

In short, motorcycle rule. But we wouldn't be at this site if we didn't know that already, would we?
WTF, they didn't accept the MID? It's a plastic gov't issued ID card, should be good anywhere in the US.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

macktruckturner
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#56 Unread post by macktruckturner »

I actually said WTF, and then remembered most civilians don't require at least one use of the F word per phrase (seriously, if I tell someone to do something w/o swearing out here, they look at me like I'm speaking greek - throw several tons of profanity on top and they're like "roger, I'm on it") - so I fished out my CHL. In other news - shaving twice a day again.. yeah, it sucks. 645 days till I ETS.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#57 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

macktruckturner wrote:I actually said WTF, and then remembered most civilians don't require at least one use of the F word per phrase (seriously, if I tell someone to do something w/o swearing out here, they look at me like I'm speaking greek - throw several tons of profanity on top and they're like "roger, I'm on it") - so I fished out my CHL. In other news - shaving twice a day again.. yeah, it sucks. 645 days till I ETS.
I hear that about the F word. My friend Aaron just got a nice 3 week R&R stateside after he hit his 2 year mark in the USMC. Every other work was "fudge", "poo poo", etc. And he acually would say roger that when you swore at him enough. Gonna re-enlist once you hit your 645?
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]