Women like motorcycles.

PhilD9er
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Women like motorcycles.

#1 Unread post by PhilD9er »

Let's celebrate this. 20 years ago I had a Bonneville at Uni. Extremely gorgeous women would approach me as I was changing the oil or rebuilding those horrible, leaky carbs. Now, as a decrepit 40-something male, I bought a bike. At Whole Foods these cagey slim, impossibly beautiful women walk up. Nevermind that, I am convinced that my new girlfriend was at least somewhat attracted to me by my bike. She bought a f'king helmet, and now wants to ride to Thai food, walks in gorgeous LA parks, etc.
"People who consider themselves brutally honest are usually putting the emphasis on brutality"

Paraphrase of some English guy.

TechTMW
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2005 BMW R1200GS

#2 Unread post by TechTMW »

Some women don't.

My wife being one. :roll: :frusty:
“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”
- Soren Kierkegaard (19th century Danish philosopher)

aplmv
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by aplmv »

TechBMW wrote:Some women don't.

My wife being one. :roll: :frusty:
I hear you. My wife does not show even a bit of curiosity in bikes or riding. After living together for 10 years this is the very first time when I do not understand her. You do not have to be a rider, but ignoring this huge part of me is kind of disappointing.... I wish I could fix it somehow.

bennettoid
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by bennettoid »

Yea, it seems that single woman are attracted to it, but married women, especially with kids, think its too risky and they are afraid of losing their mate. My wife fought me all the way on buying a bike, but at work I've actually had a couple of the single ladies ask me for a ride.

Thou shalt not.....
'94 vulcan 750

sedate_me
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by sedate_me »

:wink: There's some whiff of adventure mingled with danger everytime a motorcycle is around...and women, single or otherwise would always catch something of it. This causes them to react two ways --- the "i-want-a-ride-on-that-handsome-motorcycle-who-cares-about-the-guy-riding it" attitude or the "motorcycles-and-men-are-danger" attitude... :laughing:
*used [url=http://www.motorcyclepartsbin.com]motorcyclE parts[/url]*MEn can rEad smallEr; womEn can hEar bEttEr. :D

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#6 Unread post by sapaul »

Must be the opposite with me, my wife has shown more interest in the bikes since I came off the dirt and onto the tar. Maybe she is worried about the single ladies that want a ride. Or maybe because I have an enormous barrel exhaust.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

polarelf2003
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by polarelf2003 »

I've noticed that more attractive young women notice me and make eye contact with me when they see me lugging a helmet around the store. I've also noticed that a lot of older women look at me with a look of disgust that plainly reads, "How CAN you?"

However, not all stereotypes are true, I had an 80 year old woman come up to me the other day and start talking about how she used to ride on the back and how fun it was, etc, etc. And I have yet to have a single, beautiful woman ask me for a ride (on the bike . . . . where IS your mind?). Being single and 25, well, I dont have to worry about "thou shall not . . . . ."
:D
1977 Honda CB550 F

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#8 Unread post by -Holiday »

my gf loves em. Well, her first choice is vespas, but we're building up a cb360 for her over this winter. She currently have a suzuki gs550 too.

But yea, she wrenches in the garage too. She pulled the engine on her vespa and took it apart.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

Craig7220
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Craig7220 »

My wife loves riding on the back of my bike. She loves short rides, long rides and everything inbetween. The funny thing is she was dead set against buying another bike. All I have to do now is convince her that she should get her own bike. :D
Craig
2005 Suzuki C-50 Limited

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#10 Unread post by Mag7C »

Girls find me attractive on a bike....

Until I take off my helmet.

:laughing: