Proper percedure when facing a collision

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

Miss! LOL
That is exactly what I did and that is why the insurance company says that they wont cover the claim LOL :)
Becca

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#22 Unread post by sapaul »

Rebbeca, you have my sympathy, I personally think you did the right thing, any crash you walk away from is a good one. Now stop sniveling and realise that the cage driver has taken something away from you and it is now time to get it back. Do you think that for one second if you were liable for that accident that the cage driver would not be suing your pants off if she were in your shoes. Use every resource you can and if you need to be the world's biggest "dog" to do it, then do it. You can always go back to being nice afterward.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

Robkhb
Veteran
Veteran

#23 Unread post by Robkhb »

Yes absolutely sue. Since you were th only one there I think only you can decide what was the right thing for you to do, but since you walked away from it I would say you made the right decision.

Personally, I assume every single car at every single intersection I am approaching is going to pull out in front of me. This is what I recommend.
-Rob

Rebeccaatthewell
Veteran
Veteran

#24 Unread post by Rebeccaatthewell »

Thanks everyone. I talked to a lawyer today and there are pluses and minuses, but over all he said that they should never have to go to court because they would rather settle out and not risk much much more. My lawyer rides a bike :)

Just a note to everyone in the states. Apparently, neither an accident report, a police report, nor a citation is admissible in a civil court case unless the policeman writing the report is an expert at crime scene investigations. So if this happens to someone that they wreck due to the actions of another vehicle, the only thing you can hope for in a court case is the sympathy of the jury and judge for the events as you tell them. It is basically your word aganist the driver's. Insurance companies are evil and are ultimately only out for themselves reguardless of what they spout out at you. :)

Becca
The only time when evil can triamph, is when good men do nothing!