GSXR600 Loud Exhaust

Ikeadan
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

GSXR600 Loud Exhaust

#1 Unread post by Ikeadan »

Hey guys, Well, Im getting my 04 GSXR600 soon, and I want to do a few things to it.

I have always been into really loud things, and I wanted to know, What is the loudest streetbike exhaust out there. Ive heard some people say Yoshimura race pipes, but I just wanted a wide oppnion. I dont care if its not "Legal" or anything, because where i live, the cops dont really care, and also my father is a CHP. Ive also heard its good to have a loud bike, that way people know your there :wink:

Thanks guys.

Ikeadan-
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Relsek
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Re: GSXR600 Loud Exhaust

#2 Unread post by Relsek »

Ikeadan wrote:Hey guys, Well, Im getting my 04 GSXR600 soon, and I want to do a few things to it.

I have always been into really loud things, and I wanted to know, What is the loudest streetbike exhaust out there. Ive heard some people say Yoshimura race pipes, but I just wanted a wide oppnion. I dont care if its not "Legal" or anything, because where i live, the cops dont really care, and also my father is a CHP. Ive also heard its good to have a loud bike, that way people know your there :wink:

Thanks guys.

Ikeadan-
In my opinion, loud gets old, I had loud cans for a while and went back to stock.
[url=http://triphog.com]My name is Kevin, and I'm a triphog.[/url]

Ikeadan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GSXR600 Loud Exhaust

#3 Unread post by Ikeadan »

In my opinion, loud gets old, I had loud cans for a while and went back to stock.[/quote]

Ahh man, Not to me, Ive got a Chevy 2500 with Dual Electric Cutouts, that i run wide open 80% of the time. Like i said before, I love loud things. Especially my motorcycles.

Thanks-
- Mario Andretti

vector18
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by vector18 »

if you love loud motorcycles, you should get a vtwin with straight pipes. Either ducati,buell,tl1000,sv1000, or even an RC51.
For pics of my bike goto http://rswarrior.com/Gallery/vector18.aspx

Ikeadan
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Ikeadan »

hmmm, Ive seen GSXR 600's that are really freakin loud, i was just wondering what manufacturer of aftermarket Exhaust applications is the loudest.

I was consitering a buell, but, I just sold my ninja 250 and i want a 600cc sport bike.

Thanks-
- Mario Andretti

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#6 Unread post by Gadjet »

Quite frankly, as long as you don't ride anywhere near me or any other sane person, you can make your bike as loud as you want.

Just don't expect to have any hearing left in a couple years.

Loud pipes don't save lives, they just "pee" off the non-riding public and a good portion of people who do ride. At least the ones who ride responsibly.

Go ahead and put a race can on your bike and scream down main street. The fact that your father is a cop won't protect you from getting tickets and possibly getting your bike impounded for illegal modifications. Making your bike loud while staying within the legal noise limits is one thing, but blatantly breaking the law by putting a race can on a street bike for daily use is another.

Just so you are aware, the staff and management of this website do not condone illegal modifications or riding behaviour.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

mustangski
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by mustangski »

A friend of mine has a GSX-R 600 with a Micron can. It is somewhat quiet when idling and during regular riding, but gets extremely loud when he hammers the throttle. It even drowns out my Sportster at full throttle, however I don't have drag pipes. If you want extremely loud you have to get a v-twin with race pipes.
2001 Victory V92C
2002 Honda Shadow 600 (Finally gettin my wife ridin!)
2000 Harley Davidson Sportster (Sold)
1984 Honda Magna V45 (Sold)

Semper Fidelis

Ikeadan
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Ikeadan »

Thanks man, I didnt say i was going to go 190 in a school zone with my bike full of Nos, hitting small children on the way, just wanted to get opponions on different cans.

thanks

Ike-
- Mario Andretti

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#9 Unread post by jmillheiser »

D&D seems to get the nod for loudest sportbike exhaust from most people I have asked.

I cant stand super loud exhausts.

I like a good sound but at a reasonable volume.

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#10 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

I've also heard that D&D were the loudest for sportbikes. But yeah, V-Twin with straight pipes has gotta be the loudest, specially a big displacment one, like a 1450.
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]