Popups/Popunders on TMW explained.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Tower18CHI - It does unfortunately happen sometimes. It's not the code but the way it can get messed up upon delivery from the 3rd party ad server. Luckily, most leaderboards are designed for this and you can still tell what they are in that smaller mode.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Media Weasel
Veteran
Veteran

#12 Unread post by Media Weasel »

I dunno how you've done it, but I can't block the pupups and popunders.

I find it grossly offensive, and frankly, am at the point that I simply may not bother coming back here.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Media Weasel wrote:I can't block the pupups and popunders.

I find it grossly offensive, and frankly, am at the point that I simply may not bother coming back here.
Well, I'm not 100% sure how to answer your question without offening you by an approperate answer considering the start of your question (maybe you didn't even ask a question!) "I can't block the pupups and popunders" offended me.

Your a very new member and I'll cut you some slack as you might not have read how I make every attempt to kill those popups and popunders for everyone, and am doing it on an ongoing basis. We are currently at an alltime ever low for popups/unders thanks to the support of Site Supports. I use their donations to counter-act the revenue needed to keep the site running.

Maybe this might thread interest you as I'm after emliminating popups too: viewtopic.php?t=22755 we are REALLY close to doing that, maybe you would like to step up and help?

Blocking the ads only hurts the site, this community and the members. There are NO fees, no memberships required or money asked for. All there is to off set costs is those few ads. That's it. If a few popup ads A DAY is not worth the 200,000 pages of free information and friendly members of this site, well, what can I say...

:shaking head smilie:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Today, I've eliminated A LOT of popups. Thanks to IntelliTXT revenue and site supporter revenue and T-Shirt revenue, I was able to kill an AMAZING 40% of the popups I've been running!

I hope you see the difference and in turn that makes your experience even better at TMW. :D

Mike