Less popups now on Total Motorcycle

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#21 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

blues2cruise wrote:Do we need to actually click on an ad to generate revenue? I thought we just had to let it pop up and then close it after it popped up.
Both if I'm not mistaken. You get income for the ad being played/allowed then additional if it's clicked on. (More if someone actually buys maybe? That might just be with associate ads though.)

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#22 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thank you. I do click on the occasional one, but I can click on a few more.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#23 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks again for your support with the ads shown on TMW by clicking on any of those that interest you.

To answer your questions, some pay by CPM, meaning they pay a tiny amount per 1000 that are shown, no clicking will change that. Other by CPC, meaning they pay only when someone clicks on them. Then the last type is CPA, meaning they only pay when someone clicks on them and they buy something on that site. CPA's are text link ads like the ones at the top and bottom of the page (Register, Shop & Bid on eBay and the links .::. Total Motorcycle Magazine Rack .::. Bike Bandit .::. RideGear .::. Insurance Finder .::. PayPal .::. Motorcycle E-Loan .::. Priceline .::. Boot Bay .::. Magazania)

BEST WAY TO SUPPORT via ads:

Now, if you really want to be nice and support the site by doing very little here is how. By clicking on seleted underlined text links that interest you on the main website pages (eg. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/welcome.htm) you'll find interesting ads called IntelliTXT. IntelliTXT ads are a new generation type of advertising that it's really neat. :D

Try a few of them on a regular basis; they change daily as different words are selected to be underlined.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#24 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Thanks for the info Mike!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Scoutmedic wrote:Thanks for the info Mike!
Your more than welcome, and I thank you and everyone who comes to TMW for making TMW a great friendly place to be everyday. :D

:cheers: to you all.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise

#26 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Yikes! I clicked on the smiley thing because I though it would be fun to have a couple of St. Patrick's smileys.
Well.....as soon as I installed the smileys, a big fat warning from my anti spyware came up.

I ran a scan and it had more adwares and spywares than I have ever seen.
I deleted them.

I am too trusting when I read things like"We take pride in our product". etc.,implying they won't spy on me. :oops: Silly me....I should know better.

Oh well, I guess I helped pay for a pack of noodle soup. :laughing: :wink:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#27 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Those smilies are not really that great, and I don't recommend installing them as well.

Run Spybot as well: http://www.spybot.info/ it finds anything adwares doesn't.

Thanks for clicking on that ad, but I recommend (to anyone reading this) STAY AWAY from the screensavers and smilie ads.

Sorry to hear your experience with that software, hopefully using the two tools above you can get rid of it and many more things too. :D

Mike

blues2cruise wrote:Yikes! I clicked on the smiley thing because I though it would be fun to have a couple of St. Patrick's smileys.
Well.....as soon as I installed the smileys, a big fat warning from my anti spyware came up.

I ran a scan and it had more adwares and spywares than I have ever seen.
I deleted them.

I am too trusting when I read things like"We take pride in our product". etc.,implying they won't spy on me. :oops: Silly me....I should know better.

Oh well, I guess I helped pay for a pack of noodle soup. :laughing: :wink:

blues2cruise

#28 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I think they are all gone. I only wanted the St. patrick's ones...I didn't know I was going to get almost 300. :laughing:

When you spoke of the underlined links...were you referring to the ones that are currently for insurance quotes on the home page?
When I clicked on the link you had it gave me an error page.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:When you spoke of the underlined links...were you referring to the ones that are currently for insurance quotes on the home page? When I clicked on the link you had it gave me an error page.
The links are IntelliTXT text links, when you scroll over a double underlined word you'll see the little ad popup you can click on if your interested. :D Hopefully their ads are working ok, but they are top quality ads from all that I've seen so far. :D

Mike

blues2cruise

#30 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thanks. I found them. I wasn't looking in the right place before.