Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Less popups now on Total Motorcycle

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Yes, I know, you don't like popups, well, surprise, neither do it. :mrgreen:

So I wanted to let all our members and visitors know that today I've deactivated a couple dozen ad popups. Yes, that means we STILL have popups, but just fewer of them.

I was able to do this thanks to the donations of members last month. $156 dollars were raised which went a long way in getting rid of popups for this month. :D

If popups bother you too, please remember they are a necessary evil that help pay the bills to keep the site running. I hope to remove all the popups one day on TMW and I'm working towards that with the help of Site Supporters. :D

Thank you for your support.

Mike

P.S. If you want to reply to this post, PLEASE don't complain that there are ads on Total Motorcycle, I know there are ads on Total Motorcycle. :laughing: I'm working to get rid of as many annoying ones as possible, so do considering becoming a site supporter. :D
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#2 Unread post by dr_bar »

Check in the mail.... :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Check in the mail.... :)
LOL, sorry Doug not to include you in there for last months total, I will once the snail mail arrives. haha.

...then I can remove a few more popups too thanks to your support. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#4 Unread post by dr_bar »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
dr_bar wrote:Check in the mail.... :)
LOL, sorry Doug not to include you in there for last months total, I will once the snail mail arrives. haha.

...then I can remove a few more popups too thanks to your support. :D

Mike
Well considering that it's only just been sent, why don't you include it in this months total... :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Well considering that it's only just been sent, why don't you include it in this months total... :laughing:
You got it! :D

Mike

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#6 Unread post by intotherain »

Mike? I don't get any pop ups from this site. There are no ads anywhere either.

The only thing I see that might be an ad is this thing at the top that says "Register, Shop & Bid on eBay:"

werd.

just wondering, how much is it to run a site like this?

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#7 Unread post by Johnj »

Every time I return to the home page I hear another "You have been selected to receive an I-pod Nano". The second time I hear it twice. The third time it's three voices. The forth time it's a freaking chorus.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#8 Unread post by dr_bar »

Dohun wrote:Mike? I don't get any pop ups from this site. There are no ads anywhere either.

The only thing I see that might be an ad is this thing at the top that says "Register, Shop & Bid on eBay:"

werd.

just wondering, how much is it to run a site like this?
If you don't see any pop ups, the chances are that you have a pop up blocker running. When you do that, it takes away from the income Mike receives that pays for this site.... :roll:

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#9 Unread post by Wrider »

I've specifically allowed popups from this site and this site only. I was wondering why I wasn't getting as many today as I usually do... Usually if I'm in a hurry to check something I just close them down, but every once in a while I click through just to give extra profits to Mike... I really do appreciate how much he works to give us this site, and I'd hate to see it go down!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#10 Unread post by intotherain »

WHAT! im disablin immediately then!