ATTENTION ALL BIKERS-TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW

redfeather630
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

ATTENTION ALL BIKERS-TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW

#1 Unread post by redfeather630 »

I am a single female, (I just turned 21 in june) who wants to get some other way around other than my two feet!! i am 5'5" an 161lb, kinda muscular, and want a small bike,.....

I have a truck but it has to be worked on it needs insurance, and plates....and i have no clue how to drive the thing!! I have to renew my permit for the truck on august 10th, and this is my 3rd permit im on now,
so i figured if the driving classes around my area licking county ohiofor the truck are between $125 to $250, and a woman said the cotc college down the road from me charges $25 for bike classes, and thats how she got hers, i figured why not! ive always wanted a bike the college supplies the bike, and she said its the same classes you would get anywhere else,.....

so this is where i need your help!!

i know almost nothing in this catagory, all i know is that you have to lean into the turns and to wear a helmet....thats it.

so tell me how the process goes, were i need to go, and what to do first, how i do that an where to go for it!!

i need your help!! PLEASE!!! :roll:
There is no such thing as luck nor coincedences, it is meant to happen, or you make it happen,....if not it never will be....
[img]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j28/RedfeatherHawk/802383815_m.jpg[/img]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#2 Unread post by VermilionX »

just relax... they'll teach you the basics.

during your 1st class, if you don't get something, ask your instructor or ask the peeps here afterwards. :D

good luck, don't worry about it too much.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by jonnythan »

Take the class. They will cover all of your questions. It'll be a blast to boot.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#4 Unread post by ZooTech »

Welcome, RF. I grew up in Licking County.

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#5 Unread post by VermilionX »

ZooTech wrote:Welcome, RF. I grew up in Licking County.
oh yeah, i was gonna comment on that.

:laughing:

licking county.

:lol:
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

#6 Unread post by Gadjet »

First of all, :welcome: to the forums.

As for finding out what to do, that is what the class is there for. Your best bet is to go down to the college and get whatever information they have on the course that they teach, find out when they hold the course, and sign up.

The instructors will show you everything you need to know on how to ride a bike, from where the controls are and what they do, to how to handle emergency braking and evasive maneuvers.

They will also tell you what gear you will need to have for the class - you will have to supply this for yourself.

After you have gone through the class and gotten your license, then start shopping around your local dealerships for a good starter bike that you are comfortable on - this is critical!

Don't go in focused on a certain style of bike, as you may find that you aren't comfortable on it.

Once you've found the style of bike that you are comfortable on, start shopping around for a used bike in good condition that fits your budget.

Owen
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

redfeather630
Veteran
Veteran

lol

#7 Unread post by redfeather630 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a girl i was in colorgaurd once asked me to guess where she was from once and i had no clue, then she acted like she was going to wisper it in my ear and she licked my cheek....and said licking county....

if that was a guy it would have still been gross but a turn on in high school!! :laughing:

i dont have to get a permit or anything before i go to the classes then??
There is no such thing as luck nor coincedences, it is meant to happen, or you make it happen,....if not it never will be....

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#8 Unread post by ofblong »

depends on the state. some you do some you dont. I would suggest going to www.msf-usa.org and looking there as it sounds to me like that is the course the college is offering but it doesnt hurt to also go to the college like mentioned above and ask :D. In my state all you need is a lvl 2 liscence (not exactly sure which one that is since I never had to go through the lvls to get a liscence).

Gadjet
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 19
My Motorcycle: 2020 KTM 200 Duke

Re: lol

#9 Unread post by Gadjet »

redfeather630 wrote: i dont have to get a permit or anything before i go to the classes then??
Not sure how it works in the US, but here you have to pass a written test first before you can take the course. Passing the written test essentially gets you your learner's permit.

The instructors at the college will be able to tell you. If it is inconvenient to go to the college just for this info, give them a call.
1983 Suzuki GS650GL (sold)
2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold)
2020 KTM 200 Duke
IBA#20953
IG: @greenmanwc

redfeather630
Veteran
Veteran

me again!

#10 Unread post by redfeather630 »

what price range is the gear?

i dont know what kinda bike i would want so i dont have to worrie about wanting a certian kind....

im just wanting to be prepared but am so confused!! :? :laughing:

how do you get a pic on your signature?? i wanna put my pic in there!!