My riding career is over!!! =( *sniff*

HungPower
Regular
Regular

My riding career is over!!! =( *sniff*

#1 Unread post by HungPower »

I had a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja 250 that helped me with my daily commute at approximately 70 mpg pushing 80+ miles an hour and helped me find parking with such ease around my university at brooklyn. However just tonight, some a holes decided to go throw it into a van and run off with it and now I no longer have a motorcycle to commute and cut through traffic =(. Maybe next spring, I'll go get me another, but for the time being, I won't be riding anytime soon. I have to admit, this forum was really helpful with their responses and I just wanted to thank you guys a lot for helping me whenever I needed it. Well maybe I'll see you guys wh en spring comes around =\

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by KarateChick »

:(
No insurance for theft?
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

HungPower
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by HungPower »

Just liability which was like 160 for 6 months. I remember posting once about getting some time of anti theft devices or even a low jack, but people said it was only a 250, they're on the bottom of the list. I guess t hey weren't on the bottom of these guys ilst lol. I would've loved to have put a chain on it or something around a stationary object, but I don't quite have the luggage space for that =\. Oh well, next bike I'll get would be nice one equipped with low jack and full coverage on that sucker.

earwig
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by earwig »

how do u know they put it in a van and not a pickup truck? heh.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by KarateChick »

Aww, that's too bad. Sorry about your bike. That's what I always tell myself when I'm parked somewhere, nobody will want my 250 and there's better bikes out there to snatch. Mind you, if someone really wanted it, well, I guess there'd be no stopping them even with anti-theft devices cause I expect those types of thieves would be fully prepared.
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#6 Unread post by Kal »

That sucks.
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#7 Unread post by ofblong »

umm I dont know who told you "its only a 250" but its the smaller less expensive bikes that get stolen more than the bigger more expensive bikes. Not saying a bigger more expensive bike wont get stolen (cause if someone wants it there gonna try whatever they can to get it). Full coverage, honestly, is not that much more than PL/PD. I pay $330/yr for full coverage and PL/PD for me was $150/yr. I would rather pay the double amount and get a brand new bike asap if its stolen than not ever get one. To me the cost is very low and not worth "bargaining". I know its hard to do when your going to college but I paid full coverage on my car all throughout college. actually im 27 and still attending college but work pays for my classes now unlike my first 3 years :D. I would def shop around and even go to specific insurance agents (meaning go right to their building) and ask for quotes as sometimes the agent themselves is cheaper than online :D. Dont be afraid to have more than one insurance co. My parents have 3 different insurance companies for their toys/vehicles because some were cheaper on certain things than others.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

HungPower
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by HungPower »

yeah, if my salary permits, I'll be picking up a nice new bike maybe next year or something. And I'll go for the big boys, maybe a 600 huh ^_^. Lol I'm getting way to a head of mah self. But lowjack will do me good on my next purchase. I just hope that the rates of lowjack and the mitigation of my insurance premium basically cancel each other out. But mah lil 250 did me well. R.I.P

safety-boy
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

Theft and Small Bikes

#9 Unread post by safety-boy »

I think the small bikes are in more danger because non-riders are likely the major thieves. Less likely to get killed on a 250cc in the first 100 meters :-)

I just moved out of a house with a garage to an apartment... Many theft fears.

Do you lock the forks? Seems like it would be harder to unlock them for a thief than to hotwire it, and since it is fairly hard (not to mention expensive) to get a key made it might not be worth their effort.

--Dave
Don't think of it as a stop light. Think of it as a chance-to-show-off light.

Vulcan 900 Classic LT (2007)
Ninja ZX-6R (2006)
Ninja 500-R (2004)
454 Ltd. (1986)
Boulevard S-40 (2005)

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#10 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Locking the forks doesn't work too well. Handle bars are generally long enough, and the lock that flimsy that they can easily be forced to break the lock.

They are how ever good to stop people moving your bike around without your consent
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]