storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#11 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Sevulturus wrote:
Longer suspension... taller.
:laughing:

my bad. I'm protective of my new bikes image and when I saw suspenders I imagined an SV650 setup like Red Green
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

MotoF150
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#12 Unread post by MotoF150 »

why are you buying a Suzuki for? There are better brands out there! Honda and Yamaha also makes a full line of bikes, I would suggest you wait untill Honda brings out the new DN-01 this spring, thats the perfect bike thats a cross between a sport bike, cruiser bike, and touring bike! You will be the first one to buy one, you will own a bike nobody else owns, you will be special, you will be the center of attention at any bikers meet. Honda DN-01 !
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 09 Yamaha Tmax, 08 Suzuki King Quad 750

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#13 Unread post by Mintbread »

MotoF150 wrote:I would suggest you wait untill Honda brings out the new DN-01 this spring
Hahaha. It might make it to Europe by the end of this year which means it will hit the US by half past never.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]

Media Weasel
Veteran
Veteran

#14 Unread post by Media Weasel »

flw wrote:They tend to all look like sport bikes to the newbie like me.
That was my reaction when I looked at the v-strom the first time (online, not in person). I'd had a friend suggest one to me in my new bike quest, and I must provide her an apology, because I told her "I don't want a sports bike."

The Stroms are very capable dual sport bikes - and can be farkled out with all sorts of goodies to make 'em pretty capable adventure touring bikes. Some folks, from what I read, would rather take a strom into the toolies than one of the hulking BMW machines.

jmillheiser
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#15 Unread post by jmillheiser »

SV650: Your basic standard, fairly upright riding position

SV650S: Sportbike version of the SV650

VStrom 650: Adventure Touring version of the SV650 (a very pavement biased dual sport)

SV1000: much more powerful version of the SV650, no longer available in the US

SV1000S: SV650S with a lot more power

VStrom 1000: more powerful version of the VStrom 650, even more pavement biased than the 650.

Bandit 1200: Your basic standard that is very powerful and a popular drag racing bike.

Bandit 1250: The new generation bandit, your basic standard with even more power than the bandit 1200

GSR600: GSX-R 600 engine in a sporty standard chassis, not available in the US

B-King: Sporty stadard with a hyabusa engine, possibly the worlds fastest standard (should be right up there with the BMW K1200R), not available in the US yet (may come in the next year or so)

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#16 Unread post by Sev »

MotoF150 wrote:why are you buying a Suzuki for? There are better brands out there! Honda and Yamaha also makes a full line of bikes, I would suggest you wait untill Honda brings out the new DN-01 this spring, thats the perfect bike thats a cross between a sport bike, cruiser bike, and touring bike! You will be the first one to buy one, you will own a bike nobody else owns, you will be special, you will be the center of attention at any bikers meet. Honda DN-01 !
Aren't you the mentally challenged that said the V-strom (you called it a V-storm) 650 was the greatest bike ever made? Oh yes... that was you.

Sit down and shutup.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#17 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Sevulturus wrote:Aren't you the mentally challenged that said the V-strom (you called it a V-storm) 650 was the greatest bike ever made? Oh yes... that was you.

Sit down and shutup.
if he said that, then he changed his mind when commenting on my post about how i should have gotten a 1000
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by Sev »

storysunfolding wrote:
Sevulturus wrote:Aren't you the mentally challenged that said the V-strom (you called it a V-storm) 650 was the greatest bike ever made? Oh yes... that was you.

Sit down and shutup.
if he said that, then he changed his mind when commenting on my post about how i should have gotten a 1000
I wouldn't worry to much, he takes the chain off his '05 M50 every winter and soaks it in motoroil.

Of course the M50 is a shaft drive, so the only chain on it is the cam chain... which is inside the engine, and requires you pull the whole engine out to remove.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]