M50 or C50

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#11 Unread post by Wrider »

They must have fixed it, because my 01 Volusia, (01 version of the M50) had it too. I'm 300 lbs as well, and I definitely noticed it. Then again, even on it, I was a little scrunched up, as I'm 6'2", so I sat toward the back of the seat...
Either way though, it's an excellent bike, and I'm happy I had mine for my first bike, I really can't think of anything better for me to start out on!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#12 Unread post by roscowgo »

It's entirely possible. Like wrider said.... you would have noticed it.

Methinks it's time to mosey to the stealership and do some seat proddin on the 07's and above. A stock seat would about Have to be a butload cheaper than an aftermarket one.

I'm not exactly teeny either. I do tend to have big long monkeyarms though. Maybe i just sit farther back. Mines bad enough that the vinyl over that hump is starting to tear loose from the stitching.

BMK
Regular
Regular

#13 Unread post by BMK »

Well since you asked.....I like the classic looks of the C-50. I just can't get passed the goofy looking rear fender on the M-50.
Just my opinion.
I'm not young enough to know everything.

Mistercory
Regular
Regular

#14 Unread post by Mistercory »

MAKER wrote:i really like the looks of those bikes.

i don't know much about them, but i know that "shart drive" sound PAINFUL

:lol:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ......."SHART DRIVE"...... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

loup001
Rookie
Rookie

#15 Unread post by loup001 »

So will the C50/M50 make a good newbe bike for someone who is 240lbs and 40 years old?

Texfire
Elite
Elite

#16 Unread post by Texfire »

loup001 wrote:So will the C50/M50 make a good newbe bike for someone who is 240lbs and 40 years old?
The 50 in the name stands for cubic inches of displacement. 50ci is equivalent to approximately 800cc (819cc actually) and on the outside of what most consider an appropriate cruiser motor size for a beginning rider.

Any bike 250cc and up will handle your weight, it just may not fit you depending on height and length of arms. I just got into riding myself, and ended up getting a Honda VLX 600. It was the bike that fit me the best without getting a 800-900cc bike which in my opinion would have been overpowered for me as a new rider.

You're asking for a simple answer to a complex question. There's a whole bunch of factors that need to be taken into account before you can decide that the C50 or M50 are the right bike for you.

Tex