Ok Ok Help here on Accessories!

xornr89
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Ok Ok Help here on Accessories!

#1 Unread post by xornr89 »

It's newbie xornr89 again!

I wan wondering, if i have a Kawasaki Ninja 250R Or a Suzuki GS500F, what type of accessories should i go for?
I was checking out the helmets and accessories including brands like Arai helmets (Arai Viper GT, Arai RX7 Corsair), Shoei Helmets and Momo Helmets! I mean there is soo many... Which one is good and which one is excellent here? Any ideas?

And by the way, i seen some people riding with their Helmets having a Mohawk on the top outside. How can i get that. I rekon that is soo cool!

Wells, please help me out here. Maximum safety and style!

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by roscowgo »

Whatever style you go for, get a helmet that fits. Different brands make their stuff to fit different people. There should be a helmet sticky around here somewhere.

Check Newenough for good prices on gear.

Luggage of some sort is always nice. You'll be surprised what limited space will do to your packing skills. There are always not to pretty but totally practical functional home made storage solutions too. Blues had a milk crate strapped to her bike for a loooooooooong time. You can make a dandy carrier out of PVC pipe. Or ammo cans. Tank bags, backpacks, all kindsa stuff.

I'm not sure about those twos electrical systems, but gadjets are pretty nifty. I am so slobbering over a GPS to mount on my bike. And I already listen to my XM or an ipod when riding. Of course heated gear can be nifty if you like to ride in the cold and not look like the stay puft marshmellow man.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#3 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Here's the link to the Helmet Fit Guideline.

The most important thing about the helmet is that it fits correctly and is a minimum of DOT approved. Beyond that, there has been a lot of recent debate and tests as to whether or not Schnell is better than DOT. I'll leave those ramblings to other folks... :laughing:

Good Luck, Have Fun and Stay Safe Out There!

Jadien
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Jadien »

Scoutmedic wrote:Here's the link to the Helmet Fit Guideline.

The most important thing about the helmet is that it fits correctly and is a minimum of DOT approved. Beyond that, there has been a lot of recent debate and tests as to whether or not Schnell is better than DOT. I'll leave those ramblings to other folks... :laughing:

Purely out of curiousity..... Do they have "DOT-Approved" or "Snell" in Australia?
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

2004 SV650S

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by jonnythan »

Jadien wrote:
Scoutmedic wrote:Here's the link to the Helmet Fit Guideline.

Purely out of curiousity..... Do they have "DOT-Approved" or "Snell" in Australia?
DOT is the US Department of Transportation, so.... no DOT in AU.

I dunno if helmet manufacturers advertise or use Snell (Snell is an independent organization), but the Australia government has its own standards for road-use helmets.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Jadien
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Jadien »

I knew DOT was the US version, but I wondered if Australia has something similar. I just find it interesting to see the differences in how different governments mandate safety equipment.
Last edited by Jadien on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

2004 SV650S

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

Do not use leatherup.com

#7 Unread post by koji52 »

All I have to say is: if you're getting new gear DO NOT order from www.leatherup.com. They used to do exchanges for free, even if you're just trying on sizes. Now they make you pay for all exchanges, even if they sent the wrong item. So pissed right now. They are ignoring all my emails. DO NOT order from them unless you want to be screwed.

xornr89
Regular
Regular

Re: Do not use leatherup.com

#8 Unread post by xornr89 »

koji52 wrote:All I have to say is: if you're getting new gear DO NOT order from www.leatherup.com. They used to do exchanges for free, even if you're just trying on sizes. Now they make you pay for all exchanges, even if they sent the wrong item. So pissed right now. They are ignoring all my emails. DO NOT order from them unless you want to be screwed.
Damn, What As*Holes >.<;; Certainly not trusting them!

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#9 Unread post by koji52 »

yea...i could see if i was just ordering sizes to try them on but they made the mistake. Sending a 15 lbs box isn't exactly cheap. Then they say i have to pay for the shipping for the replacement item. Ridiculous. I ordered my jacket from them about 6 months ago and they sent me a broken jacket. They paid for the shipping but now they aren't. Really pissed off right now.

xornr89
Regular
Regular

#10 Unread post by xornr89 »

Anyone know anything about mohawk as an accessory? Please guys i really want it soo bad! =)