How do you decide Cruiser or Standard.

gsus
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

How do you decide Cruiser or Standard.

#1 Unread post by gsus »

I was forced to quit riding early last year because my bike ended up having a BHG. Anyhow, I'm going to repair the headgasket to hopefully get me through this upcoming riding season. If it matters my current bike is a cruiser 1983 Honda Shadow 750 (claimed 66bhp, probably less with new SAE standards and my BHG). I avoid the highway as much as possible (car or bike), I avoid the big city (Chicago), I do ride a lot in the suburbs and sometimes ride out to rural areas that sometimes have roads with speed limits of 55-65mph.

Anyway, at the end of the riding season I'm thinking of getting one of two totally different bikes. A (2000-2003) Honda Magna or a (2007+) Yamaha FZ6... I know apples and oranges, but both interest me just as much. I just don't know which I might end up with. I've sat on a 2007 FZ6, and it fit me good so I have no problems there. But from what I understand the Magna was discontinued in 2003, so I have not had a chance to try one out.

Can anybody that knows the ins and outs of these bikes tell me the pros and cons of each? Were any of the Magna's ever fuel injected? Is anyone more suited for in town riding with the occasional 50+ mile trip?

TIA!

jonl
Rookie
Rookie

I lust for a 750 Magna

#2 Unread post by jonl »

I lust for a 750 Magna. There are few around for sale, and those I see are quite pricey. Hopefully Honda will bring it back as an 800, using VFR components. That would be sweet!

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadte ... index.html

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by canuckerjay »

Prices are high on late model Magnas because people know what they've got. Those bikes are dead smooth, and ballls out powerful -- V4 belts it out in an engine size that'll fool your insurance company.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#4 Unread post by Big B »

the FZ6 is one sweet bike as well. you really can't go wrong with either one, it all boils down to what is most comfortable for you
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!