My New Bike - GSXR 750 K7 -

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#31 Unread post by Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 »

I wont be dont worry. I dont want to be added to the already high statistics of young bikers who die in there first few years of riding. I would much rather live lol.

As i said i never take stupid risks on my bike and never will. I ride safely and wont put other peoples lifes in dangers to compensate for any of my 'insecurities'.

Regards,

Jake.
Ride safe, not slow. Ride fast but safely. :)

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#32 Unread post by dr_bar »

koji52 wrote:nothing inherently wrong with it but just don't be one of those wreckless teenage fools overcompensating for his insecurities by riding a quick bike dangerously. There's too many of them flying around.

And way too many laying in the ground... :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#33 Unread post by koji52 »

That much is definately true. (I'm probably a bit of an "O Ring" for saying this, but..) However, there have been times when i've just been cruising around and these kids on their super sports are speeding by me and weaving in and out of traffic with their helmets half off. I can't help but be glad that I have been no where near them when something went wrong.

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#34 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Hi Jake

Congratulations on the grin this has obviously put on your face.

Tell us how you intend to ride this beast then. Is this going to be a Sunday bike, or a daily one. Do you ride on urban roads where you live, motorways, back roads?

I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you over time.

Take care

Richard
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#35 Unread post by Brackstone »

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 wrote:
Its nothing to do with my pride at all. Maybe the reason i want a larger bike is because my dad suffers from secondary progressive multiple sclerosis and has had to sell his bike (CBR 1100XX Blackbird) and stop riding. Either way the bike suits me.
Hi Jake,

This kind of confused me a bit.

Are you concerned you won't be able to ever ride a big bike because something bad may happen to you? I've been around a lot of people that have had their lives "cut-short".

My Uncle Died in his 50's from brain cancer after beating it once. He retired from being a volunteer firefighter who worked his way all the way to being in charge of the entire local fire department. The only man in the history of the town to do that.

My friend committed suicide by hanging himself about 2 years ago. This was a treatable event that nobody who could bothered to attention to.

My fiance` was in a horrible car accident about 7 years ago. Completely changing her mental and physical abilities. She can no longer do a lot of things she wants to do and if she CAN do them most of the time she feels the risk is too great because the doctors told her if she takes another bump to the noggin it may all be over.

Late last year I had a tumor in my nose. I was concerned that not only was it there but it may have spread to other areas and would eventually kill me. This scared the crap out of me, thankfully it was benign.

I understand what it's like to worry about not knowing what is going to come around the corner. Heck that's part of the reason why I enjoy motorcycling so much. I'm not the kind of guy that always worries about the future I'm more focused on the "now".

Some may say that's not the best way to live, but I'd rather enjoy the best years of my life instead of possibly never getting to enjoy them later.

But I still did my first season on a Ninja 250. I know you were worried about selling your bike. Well it's going to be hard as hell for me to sell mine, not because of lack of buyers (I've already had 5 offers) but because I get emotionally attached to things.

Knowing all that though I still and trying to do things the safest way possible.

Do I ride fast? Yeah sometimes
Do I pop wheelies? No

I think you've already made up your mind and you were really looking for confirmation that what you are doing was right. However I just wanted to let you know that I've experienced possibly a similar thing and I made a different decision.

I'm sure everyone else here hopes your choice doesn't put you in a situation where you end up where you CAN'T enjoy riding because you were worrying about not being able to enjoy riding long enough.
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Regular
Regular

#36 Unread post by Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 »

SV wolf thanks for the reply.

Basically i live in a town and will be using it on a daily basis. The town is surrounded by country roads (b roads) and my girlfriend lives about 10 miles away. The stretch of road to hers is a bikers dream :) . I had a good two hours out on her (my bike) today and didnt have any aches pains or headache lol, i felt quite refreshed :wink: .

Im sure the bike will feel great everyday i wake up, knowing im going to get up 30 mins early and take the long route to work!

I iwll keep you posted on how the bike suits me but i love it!

Take care and ride safe,

Regards,

Jake.

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Regular
Regular

#37 Unread post by Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 »

Oh and also SV, i plan to go on long trips on her. To places like germany, France, Italy and the Isle of man. This will be finding the best road to ride on and seeing the surrounding picture. Once again, in sure the bike will feel great on long journeys, will just have a 10 min break every couple of hundred miles!

Ride safe

Jake.

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Regular
Regular

#38 Unread post by Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 »

Brackstone -

Im not at all worried about my life being cut short, im too young to think about that. The reason i said about my dad having MS is that he doesnt have much longer to live and i want him to see me on it as he used to ride.

You have to understand that 2 years ago me and my dad were out on his Blackbird having the time of our lifes then he got the bad news.

I always live life to the full and will take every opportunity i get, but i live my life similar to yourself. I dont like to look ahead to the future as it upsets me thinking of the possible outcomes, I also focus on what is happening in my life 'Now' and take every day as it comes.

Im sorry to hear youve had to go through alot of suffering and getting out on a bike you bond with takes all the worries away for a while, its freedom.

I truly hope everything works out for you.

All the best :) ,

Ride safe,

Jake.

Skier

#39 Unread post by Skier »

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 wrote:Skier,

Your making it sound like i dont know how to ride a motorbike. Sure ive only been riding for 2 years on smaller machines but i have alot of road experience in that time as i use my bike on a daily basis. Ive come accross just about every hazard you could think off. in retern to this your could say something like 'well the bike is alot faster and you wont have time to react etc etc etc!' but i will ride safe on my 750 and improve my skills as i get to learn to ride the bike.

Im more likely die on a 125 at 100 mph taking stupid risks for a quick blast of adrenaline whereas if i was riding at 100 mph on my 750 in control not taking stupid risks.

At the end of the day i know my own limits and will not surpass those as i ride without taking risks and feel in control all of the time, if i dont i take a step back. In retern to this your could say ' oh well its not your fault if someone pulls out in front of you and kills you'. Quite frankly if you think like this then you should leave your house in the morning because 'what if' that bus was to hit you crossing the street!

Thank you for your opinion.

Ride safe

Regards

Jake.
I totally missed you have been riding for a few years already. However, judging from the contents of your posts, you may have the skills to ride the 750 but not the attitude. :?

However, I could be completely wrong. All I have to base this on is your posts. I hope I am wrong.

Either way, enjoy the bike and join us paying out the nose for motorcycle insurance.
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7
Regular
Regular

#40 Unread post by Jake-Suzuki GSXR 750 K7 »

Skier,

Thanks for the reply, but with all due respect i think you are wrong this time. I have the right attitude to be riding a motorbike of this size or i wouldnt be riding it. Ive had days (not exaggerating!) of discussions with family and friends who have had years of experience and much more wisdom riding motorbikes and come to the conclusion that im capable of riding the 750.

Im already undergoing Advanced Training courses which is more than most can say at such a young age. I feel safe when im riding and dont take risks.

Im riding the bike with respect knowing my limits and improving on them on a daily basis. We all have to start somewhere, its just im starting on a larger bike which is no problem with me.

However you are right about the insurance part lol my Premium is in excess of £3000! :shock: .

Ride safe

Jake.