question

dbarnes8923
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

question

#1 Unread post by dbarnes8923 »

so is a 50 cubic inch motor about the same as a 800cc motor, and would that be a good starting bike because i am lookin at the suzuki boulevard c50 limited edition 08' because im not real sure where to start

Dragonhawk
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#2 Unread post by Dragonhawk »

That is fairly large for most beginners. It's not just the power of the engine, the other factor is weight and manuverability. Trying to control a 600lb. hunk of metal is not adviseable as a beginner. I don't care if you're Arnold Schwartzenegger, it's stupid to get something that huge when you're starting out.

Take the training course first and learn to ride. Then start to focus on a style of motorcycle to get.
[b]Are you a beginner rider?
Have a lot of questions about motorcycling?
Not sure what bike to start with?
[url=http://www.wyndfeather.com/learn/motorcycle.htm]Learn To Ride A Motorcycle - A Step-By-Step Guide[/url][/b]

SBK15
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

#3 Unread post by SBK15 »

I would NOT advise the C50 for a beginners bike, wayyy to heavy,and might be a little to powerfull. I'm sure its not forgiving.
Try sitting on the Boulevard S40 and Yamaha V-STAR 650
-2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Current Ride
-2007 Suzuki DR650 - Sold
-2007 Kawasaki Eliminator - Sold

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

I rode mine just fine... I am much bigger than average and caught on quickly to riding, but if you have an idea of how to work a manual transmission and take the MSF class...
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ghanarichard
Rookie
Rookie

C50 Suzuki

#5 Unread post by ghanarichard »

I do not think the c50 is all that too much for biginer. but all depend on the rider, after MSF if you are over 5'2''up you will be fine, I am 5'9'' 175Ibs only got my endosement March 25th 08 and the next day got my C50T 08 and doing vary vary well. I practice at a paking lot to get use to been on the freeway two times first up to 50mph then 65mph the wind is not all that frindly but that is the fun part. good luck.
one can do all things if the true source is connected, know the source and all things shall be possible. Thanks
I am able throught Christ Jesus being my true souce.
Own SUZUKI C50T 2008

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

Re: C50 Suzuki

#6 Unread post by ofblong »

ghanarichard wrote:I do not think the c50 is all that too much for biginer. but all depend on the rider, after MSF if you are over 5'2''up you will be fine, I am 5'9'' 175Ibs only got my endosement March 25th 08 and the next day got my C50T 08 and doing vary vary well. I practice at a paking lot to get use to been on the freeway two times first up to 50mph then 65mph the wind is not all that frindly but that is the fun part. good luck.
sorry but someone that just started riding a month ago shouldnt really be telling someone a bike is good for a beginner when it really isnt. yes it depends on the rider but even so that doesnt mean you should start out and the biggest badest bike. I started on the bike listed in my sig. Could I prob handle a bigger bike? probably. Would I still be alive had I gotten a bigger bike? who knows.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#7 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I think teh c50 is as gray area as an SV650 or Ninja 650r.

If you do really well in the BRC, I think it's fine. If you don't, I'd steer clear.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars