anyone know what they are?
Suzuki GS500F

woohoo!

monkeywright
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by monkeywright »

I know them all by heart...but I CAN"T write them here, it just wouldn't be right.
Boulevard C50T

dweiss
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2009 QLink LG250

#3 Unread post by dweiss »

I do not know if they are correct, but they are what I have learned in my limited experience, and what my dad and two brothers (who are life-long riders) have always preached...so here I go:

1. If you cannot lift your bike back up after laying it down, it is too big for you.
2. Always ride as if you are invisible to cars.
3. Always ride with a helmet.
4. You never know it all, so always stay receptive to learning how to improve your riding/mechanical skills.
5. Remember that riding a motorcycle (and driving a car) is a privilege, not a right.
6. Never ride after consuming ANY alcohol.

I am sure there are more; but these were the ones drilled in to my head from an early age.

~Debbie
Debbie Weiss
www.superstitionranch.com
"I don't own my horses, they own me. It is a relationship that I have no plans of changing".

Proud owner of a 2009 QLink LG250
Past owner of a 1982 Honda CM450A

roncg41677
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by roncg41677 »

• NEVER leave a biker stranded. Always stop and help.

When parking always leave space for another bike.

Don't interfere with someone else's ride (i.e. pull up beside them or try to distract them).
These are what my (much) more experienced biker friend preaches at me all the time ;). These were all I could remember for now.
[i]Matthew 6:33 - But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.[/i]
'93 Yamaha Seca II
'92 Yamaha Seca II (Fixing up)

Ivan M
Veteran
Veteran

#5 Unread post by Ivan M »

Leave space for another bike? Forget that. Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't want to be parking closer to the line where a car can hit my bike or this guy trying to park his bike in the small leftover spot can hit it. Get your own spot and I'll get mine.

My code is:

Someone pulls up beside you at the stop light and revs. He wants to race
When you see a stranded biker, throw a gang sign as you blow past
If you see a rider with a pink helmet, it's probably a girl so go really fast to catch up with her, then play it cool and say, "Cute helmet."

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#6 Unread post by Brackstone »

Ivan M wrote:
My code is:

Someone pulls up beside you at the stop light and revs. He wants to race
When you see a stranded biker, throw a gang sign as you blow past
If you see a rider with a pink helmet, it's probably a girl so go really fast to catch up with her, then play it cool and say, "Cute helmet."
:roll:
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#7 Unread post by Thumper »

roncg41677 wrote:[NEVER leave a biker stranded. Always stop and help.

When parking always leave space for another bike.
Never leave a biker stranded unless your gut tells you to not stop. I admit, if I am alone, I do not stop. I'm sorry if Harley Boy or Ninja Girl didn't take a cell phone with them, but your personal safety always comes first.

Now, if they've wrecked and are injured, take the chance. Get them help. But just stranded...? Trust your gut on that one.

I don't leave space for other bikes, I admit that, too. I try to park so my ride is visible enough to not get run into by a car...I've never actually thought about leaving space for someone else, but honestly, I don't think I would. I'm not being snotty, just protective in how I park my bike.

Ivan M
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by Ivan M »

I am being snotty. That guy wants to park next to my bike instead of walking a couple meters? If it's that big of a deal for him, he's probably fat and lazy. I don't like fat and lazy people. There's no way that should be part of the code.

Brackstone
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2010/Ducati/Monster 1100

#9 Unread post by Brackstone »

Ivan M wrote:I am being snotty. That guy wants to park next to my bike instead of walking a couple meters? If it's that big of a deal for him, he's probably fat and lazy. I don't like fat and lazy people. There's no way that should be part of the code.
Your new nickname for me is Captain Blanket Statement. Behold your ability to stitch up entire groups of people into a single category based on little to no information!
Ducati Monster 1100 (Vrooom!!)
Aprilia Shiver 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250cc (sold)

Ivan M
Veteran
Veteran

#10 Unread post by Ivan M »

I prefer Captain Generalization, but yours has a nice ring to it as well.