doing everything right, and STILL a close call

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

doing everything right, and STILL a close call

#1 Unread post by zeligman »

was riding last night, just at twilight - about a half mile from home, one a nice road adjacent to the ocean with a few nice turns in it - doing EVERYTHING right - slow, look, lean, roll, watching like a hawk, control control control, and then....

come around the turn, see a car coming - no problem, my turn line is great, i cs just a bit more to give myself a bigger cushion with the car, and then suddenly, a stupid teenager on a skateboard crosses from the OTHER side, in front of the oncoming car, then in front of me... both car and i braked hard - and no disaster. Kid kept right on going without even looking.

sigh...

no damage, except to my blood pressure.
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#2 Unread post by ceemes »

should of punched it, the kicked the little basstard off of his board.

Use to have boarders grab onto my cargo rack when I was a courier in downtown Vancouver. Learned that if you give the throttle a good hard twist when they did that, you get some very satisfying screams of terror and the odd scream of pain that quickly faded away.......
Last edited by ceemes on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes wrote: you get for very satisfying screams of terror and the odd scream of pain that quickly faded away.......

:laughing: :laughing:

JC Viper
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 1984 Kawasaki GPz900R

#4 Unread post by JC Viper »

Yeah, the bicyclists in NYC here have no regard for safety when riding in the streets with us. They would even run red lights causing me or other cars to swerve or brake hard. Yet they have the nerve to complain that cyclists get no respect. They give all two wheelers bad names.
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.

motocraze
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by motocraze »

Even people my part of the country don't have their respect to bikers, should have used those skateboards to knock the guys head off.

amit_shah25
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by amit_shah25 »

JC Viper wrote:Yeah, the bicyclists in NYC here have no regard for safety when riding in the streets with us. They would even run red lights causing me or other cars to swerve or brake hard. Yet they have the nerve to complain that cyclists get no respect. They give all two wheelers bad names.
I know. That sucks ... I am a bicyclist as well ! Actually more of a bicyclist, and a recent motorcyclist ! Sucks when I see morons like those on bicycles and skate boards. They just don't understand. If you are on road, act like a car !