Might go get a bike tommorow......

nick9871
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Might go get a bike tommorow......

#1 Unread post by nick9871 »

So I might go look at getting a 2004/5 Ninja 500 tommorow. I had been looking for used ones but everyone that I either liked, sold, or that i looked at had obvious problems. I had for a while thought of getting a older magna or alike, but that seems to be too much for me to work on right now. What are the downsides of buying new? I know i will probably drop the bike, but i actually have amazingly good balance on bikes, probably from dirt experience. I mean after 1000 down, the finance deal, and insurance total cost is like 100 a month. And I will probably pay it off by the end of the summer. Any downsides to this? The only one i fear is that I will desire more speed from the little guy. My riding will be all city, and then about 40 mile stretch of urban freeway to get to my rural friends house/area. Speed on freeway is 70mph. Wont be going any further then that really. Anything to stop me from this deal?
1997 Ninja 500r

adam_77_fair
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by adam_77_fair »

I'm right there with you man. I go pick up my Suzuki C50 tomorrow morning. I can't wait. After all the questioning and concern, I finally went ahead and dropped to hammer on a bike. Can't wait!!!! Will be my first street bike!!!

nelamvr6
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by nelamvr6 »

adam_77_fair wrote:I'm right there with you man. I go pick up my Suzuki C50 tomorrow morning. I can't wait. After all the questioning and concern, I finally went ahead and dropped to hammer on a bike. Can't wait!!!! Will be my first street bike!!!
Dude, you won't regret it!

That is an awesome bike! What color are you getting?

There's a couple of sites you should check out:

VolusiaRiders.com is a great site. The C50 was called the Volusia up until this model year. Lots of info and expertese.

SuzukiBikes.com has a lot of info on all sorts of Suzuki bikes.

Congrats! Be sure to post some pics!
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50

nelamvr6
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Re: Might go get a bike tommorow......

#4 Unread post by nelamvr6 »

nick9871 wrote:So I might go look at getting a 2004/5 Ninja 500 tommorow. I had been looking for used ones but everyone that I either liked, sold, or that i looked at had obvious problems. I had for a while thought of getting a older magna or alike, but that seems to be too much for me to work on right now. What are the downsides of buying new? I know i will probably drop the bike, but i actually have amazingly good balance on bikes, probably from dirt experience. I mean after 1000 down, the finance deal, and insurance total cost is like 100 a month. And I will probably pay it off by the end of the summer. Any downsides to this? The only one i fear is that I will desire more speed from the little guy. My riding will be all city, and then about 40 mile stretch of urban freeway to get to my rural friends house/area. Speed on freeway is 70mph. Wont be going any further then that really. Anything to stop me from this deal?
I have problems buying used. All my buddies rag on me because they say I waste a lot of money and all my vehicles depreciate a lot as soon as I drive them off the lot.

But I love new vehicles and I hate used ones. I can't help it.

I think that you really want to do it and you're looking for someone to help you justify it in your own mind.

Dude, it's your money. If it makes you happy and you're not neglecting your other obligations by doing it then where's the harm?

You'll know you're not inheriting someone else's problems, you'll know your getting a warantee, and you'll know that you're the one putting the first miles on that baby!

I say, go for it! Of course, that's just MHO, YMMV.
2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50

greenmountainman
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by greenmountainman »

You've already cited the downside(s). If you drop it, it'll make a mark. Then you make a claim and your insurance goes up or you sell and lose money for the damage. If you are confident that you won't drop the bike then I'd say go for it - just be prepared to take a monetary hit on the bike if something bad happens.

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by Scott58 »

I prefer new also. There is never any question as to what the bike has been through or if maintenance schedules were kept up.
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#7 Unread post by Aggroton »

i dont think youll get bored to fast on that thing...i talked to a kid yesterday on a 250 ninja...he was looking for a new bike...he said he rode the hell out of it for 4 years and was just now getting bored with it...
thats a sweet bike.

rommel
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#8 Unread post by rommel »

Congrats man, hope you enjoy. I am going to buy my first bike tomorrow as well...2005 Raven R1. I am so stoked I know you must be too.

nick9871
Rookie
Rookie

#9 Unread post by nick9871 »

well im off to the dealer. Wish me luck. The bike is already marked down to 4700 and they are having a sale today on sport bikes so maybe ill get it for 4000 or at least ill try.
1997 Ninja 500r

adam_77_fair
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by adam_77_fair »

Did you get the bike???