ezpass and Helmet !

amit_shah25
Rookie
Rookie

ezpass and Helmet !

#1 Unread post by amit_shah25 »

Aiight. 2 questions.

1. Ezpass -- What do u guys use for that ? Some specific mount, just throw it in backpack and it will detect ... ??? If u leave it "visible" on the bike, wouldn't it get stolen ... ???

2. Helmet mount - I was thinking of just getting like a wire lock, and lock the helmet with pannier ... Any alternatives ? ...

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by slimcolo »

What is an EZ Pass?

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

EZ Pass is a tollway pass that uses RFI tech.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

I'm glad CT has no tolls. :mrgreen:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

Re: ezpass and Helmet !

#5 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

amit_shah25 wrote:Aiight. 2 questions.

1. Ezpass -- What do u guys use for that ? Some specific mount, just throw it in backpack and it will detect ... ??? If u leave it "visible" on the bike, wouldn't it get stolen ... ???

2. Helmet mount - I was thinking of just getting like a wire lock, and lock the helmet with pannier ... Any alternatives ? ...
1. EZ Pass is linked to a specific tag # (or #'s). "Stealing" one won't do anyone any good. I have mine velcro'd to the inside of my windscreen. Doesn't look great, but BMW's aren't exactly "stylin'." To use the EZ Pass, some riders have luck carrying it in a jacket pocket, others put in the top of the tank bag (map pocket).

2. Many motorcycles have a helmet lock loop either under the seat or someplace on the frame. You hook the helmet strap D-rings thru the loop and lock it. Not theft proof. BUT taking a helmet locked by the D-rings requires cutting the strap, rendering the helmet useless to anyone.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

amit_shah25
Rookie
Rookie

Re: ezpass and Helmet !

#6 Unread post by amit_shah25 »

Lion_Lady wrote:
amit_shah25 wrote:Aiight. 2 questions.

1. EZ Pass is linked to a specific tag # (or #'s). "Stealing" one won't do anyone any good. I have mine velcro'd to the inside of my windscreen. Doesn't look great, but BMW's aren't exactly "stylin'." To use the EZ Pass, some riders have luck carrying it in a jacket pocket, others put in the top of the tank bag (map pocket).

2. Many motorcycles have a helmet lock loop either under the seat or someplace on the frame. You hook the helmet strap D-rings thru the loop and lock it. Not theft proof. BUT taking a helmet locked by the D-rings requires cutting the strap, rendering the helmet useless to anyone.

P
Thanks for response lionlady !

For ezpass, I am thinking of doing this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dkpOsbZnos

For helmet(s) and jacket(s) (for both me and my sweetie) I got "bolt lock" --

http://www.boltlockcorp.com/

Now I just have to figure out where I am gonna mount it !!!

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#7 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

as for that "EZ pass holder" you can get a net bag like that in the camping supply department of any Walmart for about $3.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

koji52
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#8 Unread post by koji52 »

The old EZ pass in the jacket pocket never worked for me. I've even held it in my hand while coming to a toll booth and it hasn't registered. Someone at EZ pass told me that it needs an adequate amount of metal for a signal to be registered??? I have no idea.

Pocket in the airbox bra is where I put it now. Works fine.
2008 HD VRSC-DX Night Rod Special
2008 Buell 1125R

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I've stuck my EZ pass in a pants pocket and in a (mesh) jacket. Worked fine. Also tried putting it in one of those neoprene camera holders, which was then attached to the handlebars (in between risers). No problems there either.

I usually loop a bike chain through the eyeport of my full face helmet and through some solid part of my bike (luggage rack, passenger grab handles, etc.).
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."